"The Tea Party helped the rich get tax cuts, by their silence, as newly elected

1. profile image47
    CTC-CTCposted 7 years ago

"The Tea Party helped the rich get tax cuts, by their silence, as newly elected congressmen not...

yet seated, and in doing so violated their principle to limit borrowing from foreign powers."

By their silence? That's a huge stretch. How much power does a newly-elected representative have before being sworn in?

2. bgamall profile image83
    bgamallposted 7 years ago

Well, they certainly can hold press conferences. But the problem is that they want tax cuts for the rich. I think that will be money into a black hole, but that is what they want. The jury is out on whether these people will do anything to reign in the banks. I have questions about that here as well: http://hubpages.com/hub/Tea-Party-Repub … -Big-Banks

I also believe that their attitude regarding the borrowers is wrong and their movement is founded upon principles built upon sand: http://hubpages.com/hub/Ponzi-Housing-B … Regulation The lie about ACORN being at the center of the ponzi, along with the view that borrowers are at fault for getting loans that were too big, are quicksand beliefs held by the Tea Party. Truth is, most subprime loans were shadow bank loans and not CRA/ACORN loans. Furthermore, the lenders have a responsibility to use underwriters to make sound loans. The ponzi of securitization made it so that moral hazard was brought in. Banks knew they could pawn off crap loans and so they no longer used sound underwriting. And the Tea Party evidently doesn't get this in the main.

3. Scott_Grigg profile image42
    Scott_Griggposted 7 years ago

Uh...run this by me again. Exactly how did the Tea Party do this?  And I have a news flash. There is no Tea Party per se. They don't hold caucuses or nominate people. You don't join or pay dues.

What's the leftists yank with this group? The same bunch that just got their behinds kicked in the last election, right?