jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is President Obama on a winning streak right now?

1. ExpertCLB profile image61
    ExpertCLBposted 7 years ago

Is President Obama on a winning streak right now?

The Lame Duck Congress seems to be working with the Commander-in-Chief on a whole range of important issues.

Is this a sign that the Congress CAN work with this president?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4299635_f260.jpg

2. lindacee profile image95
    lindaceeposted 7 years ago

Only if he does what Clinton did and moves to the middle.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I would say that it is more a case of being out of the spotlight a bit more with the main focus on the behavior of Congress in the lameduck session. Whether or not he can find footing on solid ground will take shape after the first of the year.  If the Start Treaty goes down in the lame-duck and it sounds like it will, then he suffers a setback because he will certainly not get it through any easier in the present form after the first of the year.  For now, he is playing better with the independent voter and that has improved his stats a bit but overall he has a long way to go to get back on solid footing. ObamaCare will be a point of friction in the coming year unless the Supreme Court moves on it quickly and sways in his direction.  Based on the opinion of the lower courts, I do not see a wholesale turn around of the judgements in that area. He could very well be back to square one with the centerpiece of his presidency.  If it stands the test, he is still faced with a nation in which over 50% of the citizens are totally against this type of reform, and these are people who feel they were ignored in the first place when it was passed.  It did not take a genius with conning and brains to pass the healthcare initiative. To the contrary, it only required a few dim bulbs out to make a name for themselves with little caring for the true financial welfare of America.  WB

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

Obama is a prisoner of his own office. He can't affect anything no matter who is running the congress. He's probably going to play along with the GOP to get re-elected. After that, more economic troubles will befall our unfortunate nation.

5. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

People of the USA ... Wait ...

Till your next Presidential Election results come in ... to know ... who are the real "winners" in a Democratic USA ...
    Or ... who is on a winning, and who is on the losing, streak, in the Republican USA !

6. JT Walters profile image79
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

I believ we are in a no win scenario for all of us.

7. My Esoteric profile image92
    My Esotericposted 6 years ago

As time has now shown, no; although he should be.  His policies are correct but Conservatives hold the Power to thwart them.  1) they have absolute control of their party machine, 2) they have a publically stated mission to destroy the Obama presidency, 3) their arrogance and self-interest blinds them to the destruction their fixation on accomplishing their mission is bringing upon the heads of themselves and other Americans

working