jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Don%u2019t you expect a Lady President for US?

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

Don%u2019t you expect a Lady President for US?

2. Ms Dee profile image90
    Ms Deeposted 7 years ago

Personally, I see women in the U.S. as less accepted power holders by our culture than black men, particularly in the Christian church. This influences the secular moral values. So, no, even though the voters elected a black man, I still do not expect a Lady President for the U.S. in the near future.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago

Yes, I do rather expect one.
    Because it seems America is already trying to "make history" simply for the sake of making history, not for the good of the Nation.   That's evident by who got elected President this last time.   I hope a strong, decent man will replace Obama (or else get him kicked out even before the next Election).

4. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think it is possible to elect a female to the office although I do not current see a viable candidate who will run away with the election.  As much as she would like to, I don't see Hilary Clinton challenging Obama for the nomination in 2012. I think if she is going to do that, she must resign right now and get on the campaign trail.  The question arises as to whether she will seek the 2016 nomination. I think that is a possibility although being up in years and a female may be more than she can pull off.  While Palin entertains the idea, I am not sure she has the base within the Republican Party to support her for the nomination. I think she would have to seek the office as an independent and that automatically makes her a long-shot at best.  Condi Rice is certainly intelligent enough and very qualified...probably moreso that Clinton and Palin put together but she is not a political hack thus I do not see her hat in the ring.  I firmly believe the best platform for a female to reach the office is to serve as a VP first and use that as the springboard. Still, even with that foundation, it administration she serves in will have to be looked upon as one which was strong and did well during their time in office.  WB

working