jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should Obama and other Leaders get involved in asking Laurent Gbago to step down

1. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Should Obama and other Leaders get involved in asking Laurent Gbago to step down?

The Former President of Ivory Coast lost the election but refuses to step down. He recently refused to take Obama’s phone call.

2. 123chri123 profile image44
    123chri123posted 7 years ago

I wrote a hub on this,which I pointed the way forward.The pressure should come more from the UN,not from individual leaders.Ivory Cost is a Sovereign state and should be treated as such.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think that it is time to let countries do what they do. part of the problem with this planet is that some countries think they should impose their ideals on others. if a country is unhappy with it's government, the people of that country have to change it or the country will never get better. too many countries let their governments get too much control over them and then want others to fix it. the problem is once whichever dictator is removed , this same country will complain that the country that helped them is now forcing their ideas on the people.

4. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 7 years ago

I think Gbagbo's African peers should take on that mandate. This might just produce the desired effect.

working