jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)

Which is worse, failing or never trying?

1. swedal profile image71
    swedalposted 7 years ago

Which is worse, failing or never trying?

2. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Never trying means failing, because through trying you learn the lessons on how to be a success. That's what all successful people do.

3. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Never trying = Regret
    One of the worst things you could ever do to yourself..

4. LADYGIRL profile image59
    LADYGIRLposted 7 years ago

Failing and trying goes hand and hand.  If you never try, how do you know if your going to suceed or fail.  It just a risk that your going to have to take. Always remember life has it challenge and it obstacles. Its up to us if we are willing to fight for what we want.

5. JD Barlow profile image61
    JD Barlowposted 7 years ago

Never trying! There is nothing wrong with failing, it is the path to success.

6. wytegarillaz profile image75
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

Life is about experiencing new things ! Sad life for those who never try & guess what ... you could succeed !!
    Go into your venture expecting to succeed ... If you dont well good on you for having the guts to give it a go and have a new experience !

7. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

Never trying is , in essence, the fear of failure. Failing in our daily lives is not the same as failing at life. We all will experience failure it is in how we deal with the setbacks that define who we become. Failing means you have not given up on trying.........and that is a good thing.

8. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

We all fail at things all the time.  You fell down many times before you learned to walk.

Only the lazy don't try.  Failing is a lesson in life.

Kids playing video games fail constantly until they master the right moves.  Success is all about failing.

9. Alternative Prime profile image77
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

In my opinion absolutely "Never Trying".

There's always that first time to try everything you've ever tried in your life...

10. awoodog profile image57
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

That is a tough question. I think it all depends on what it is you might fail at or try. I know myself when I was a teenager I was so depressed I tried to kill myself and I failed at it, so in that case it would have been better to do both not try and fail. If you are intrested in something I say go for it if you don't make it so what at least you tried. But if it;s something not of intrest or borderline, is it really going to matter. In the end what is more important is whether you are happy with how you are, and how you lived your life.

11. Taleb80 profile image83
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

- Men never plan to be failures; they simply fail to plan to be successful. William A. Ward
    - Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill

So, never trying is worse.

12. Elizabeth Guinoo profile image56
    Elizabeth Guinooposted 7 years ago

The worst is never trying. Failing is learning from our mistakes. Leaning is a good thing because it makes us stronger. If you never try...How would you know?

13. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

I never view a mistake as failing, it's viewed by me as a learning process, nothing more.  Plan A does not work, go to
    plan B.  I'd rather try than to always wonder what could have happened by not trying.

14. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 7 years ago

It's far worse to never have tried. We learn by our experiences, good or bad. Those who live their lives within precise parameters and don't expand their horizons are missing out on opportunities to grow in relationships, spiritually, in knowledge.

15. profile image48
    240209posted 7 years ago

The emotions and increase individual ability obviously people would answer, "better to fail than never mncoba." because of the failure of small successes that support major success.

16. Iontach profile image86
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Never trying is worse! life is about mistakes, mistakes are not always things to be embarrassed about, but things to make you stronger and learn from.

17. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Without a doubt...never trying.  I think it was Edison who noted that failure was simply learning one more way that something could not be accomplished successfully...it was not the end of the world.  Those who have never suffered failure do not realize how much there is to be learned from it.  Certainly there is no joy in it but it is not by any means a worthless experience if the individual is paying attention and analyzing what took place.  Not trying, on the other hand, leaves the outcome only to one's imagination.  It leaves one in a perpetual state of curiosity as to whether they could succeed with their approach or not.  It leaves them thirsty for an answer and wondering if they had what it takes.  I suggest that anyone who has not experience failure go out and give it a try.  It's like getting lost...we can live in fear of it or we can go out and get ourselves lost, find ourselves again, and get on with life knowing what we know.  It really is that simple. WB

18. naijainvestor profile image60
    naijainvestorposted 7 years ago

You got it- never trying of course. Remember when I used to be really shy, I would never ask a girl out even though I was drooling. but a day came and I had to summon courage and I tried and it worked. from that day I learnt this lesson.

19. mkvealsh profile image59
    mkvealshposted 7 years ago

Never trying, for sure! We learn from our mistakes.

working