Do you believe that not trying is even worse than failing ?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Aceblogs profile image60
    Aceblogsposted 7 years ago

Do you believe that not trying is even worse than failing ?

Well what all do you hub mate think that , is it worse for a man not to try the task than failing in that task ?

2. zuriki profile image68
    zurikiposted 7 years ago

In any situation, it is better to try and fail than not to try at all. It can be hard for a man ( because of the man ego) to try a task and fail as he would really feel let down by himself

3. shelbymiles profile image59
    shelbymilesposted 7 years ago

From my personal experience as it relates to 'trying' I have come to understand that the more I tried, the more I failed.  Therefore, I have moved to a higher state of awareness within myself where my actions are now guided by more intuition rather than the ego minded way of trying...

4. whonunuwho profile image77
    whonunuwhoposted 7 years ago

To find the answer to this you might have asked great inventors such as Tesla, Leonardo da Vinci, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Robert Fulton and dozens of other wonderful inventors in this country and around the world. A challenge or a task requiring a man's attempts in conquering or in achieving a goal, are always well worth attempting. Failures are just a art of the process and because you fail once or twice at a thing, does not mean that you should give up. Keep on trying.

5. Credence2 profile image81
    Credence2posted 7 years ago

Most definitely, yes. Even if failure is made evident to everybody, at least you know in your own mind that you put forth your due diligence and appropriate effort toward a successful outcome

6. profile image0
    AmyRainbowposted 7 years ago

Yes.
    "I have not failed, I have successfully found a way that does not work"
    If you don't try you don't fail
    But if you don't try you've failed.
    I believe that not trying is worse than failing. If you don't try, you'll never know.

7. kripkrip420 profile image60
    kripkrip420posted 7 years ago

"You'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

-Wayne Gretzky

8. jg555 profile image60
    jg555posted 7 years ago

I like Wayne Gretzky's quote that kripkrip420 used. It is very true.

Also: ''I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work'' - Thomas Edison

9. HERBERT ubaldo profile image56
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 7 years ago

Probably yes, you can try and try for the better, if you do not try at all you are always a loser

10. Moon Willow Lake profile image79
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 7 years ago

Not trying is just, in my opinion anyway, inaction. Inaction will not produce results that most people really want as people very often want the opposite of those inaction results. Therefore, go out and just do it!

And thinking of it as more of an action-item is better than thinking of it as just plain "try". For example, will you ever succeed if all you do is "try" to write a hub? No! You have to actually take action and do it!

As another completely different example, I was good at math when in elementary and middle school until it came time to learn about geometry. I also always received A's and B's for everything. Then, there was the day I had to take a geometry test. I failed it, but I gave it my best and felt very good about knowing I did my best. That was actually a really good thing for me to experience because I learned how to ask for help. I went on to after school help and successfully passed all future geometry classes.

So, in a nutshell, it is always best to go out and do because even a perceived failure is just another bump in the road that allows for a learning opportunity!

11. DonDWest profile image58
    DonDWestposted 7 years ago

A big part of the battle is deciding what is worth trying over and over again. My dissenting views can be found here:

http://dondwest.hubpages.com/hub/Doing- … nt-Results

12. rwelton profile image67
    rweltonposted 7 years ago

"The failure to try is the biggest failure of all".
    rlw

13. HOOWANTSTONO profile image58
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

It is better to fail while trying, than to fail trying.

14. Doc Snow profile image94
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

Well, "worse" is a bit judgmental, yes?

If there is a commitment or need to accomplish a certain task, and someone shirks, then the failure to try is certainly worse than failure.

On the other hand, choosing not to attempt certain *other* tasks may not only not be "worse," it may be the only intelligent choice!

As usual, much wisdom lies in knowing the difference. . .

15. JenJen0703 profile image82
    JenJen0703posted 7 years ago

I do believe that because if you do not try, you will never find success.  Failing teaches you valuable lessons to carry one with you for when you get a chance at another go around.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)