jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

are there many canadians on hubpages?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

are there many canadians on hubpages?

it seems that if there are canadians on here they don't seem to care or think about the politics of our country very much. why is that?

2. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I'm not a Canadian, but I know there are a number of them writing here.
    you may be able to find them by doing a search in the hubbers category by entering Canada or Canadian into the search box at the top of the page.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Yes there are.  "Mr. Happy" is one that I follow, but I've "ran into" so many here that I don't often remember that "whoever" is Canadian.  Look around, browse some hubs, or hit the search bar above for "Canada," and chances are you'll find dozens if not hundreds or thousands.

If you say "our country," without looking at your profile, I can only surmise that you are a from Canada, and talking about the politics in Canada; but since you've not specified yourself as being from Canada; I could also assume that you are from the U.S., and somehow feel as though those from Canada should be concerned about politics in "my country," when they've got a bigger, and super beautiful nation of their own to consider.

4. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I'm a Canadian... third and fourth generation.  Canadians are well known for providing the Americans with some of their best talent in all fields.  Justin Bieber is our latest conquering hero.  The list of entertainers and actors is legion.

We invented the zipper, standard time, insulin, basketball, and lots of other neat things.  Hockey anyone?

Canadians are a bit more polite.  Mom always said we shouldn't discuss religion nor politics in polite circles.  Those are personal things like your underwear and best kept to yourself.  But the times, as they say, are changing.

NO ASSUMING!!!!!

We Canadians have strong opinions about both politics and religion.  And if you want my Canadian personal opinion... I think all conservatives are idiots and a serious danger to the planet.  Personally, I'm a militant atheist.  So there you have it.

5. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Absolutely, there are four or five in just my fan base alone and many others who have no idea I exist! LOL.  Look close, you'll find them and they are a great bunch of folks.  Here are a few that I am aware of and follow who I think are very talented:  silvergenes, saddlerider1, epigramman.  WB