jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do we think money means happiness?

1. marissacampbell86 profile image56
    marissacampbell86posted 7 years ago

Why do we think money means happiness?

It is just crazy to believe that now just to survive, we need to work 40 a week or even more. This country has forced itself outrageous health coverage, over priced crap that we think we need, and now we are controlled by coporations who run our country now. Why have we left behind the idea of becoming a country run by the people?  Our right to freedom is slipping away. We need to learn to work with in our communities and become more substainable. Use our reasources and work together. We need family time  Our country needs to work as one not everyone working for corprate America. It's our time

2. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

I don't think money means happiness. The things you say are most likely true, but I don't see it happening.

3. marissacampbell86 profile image56
    marissacampbell86posted 7 years ago

Ya, we have gotten ourselves into a vicious circle that unless the whole country flights together, will never end.

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Because money is much like that elusive butterfly of love...we see those who have it and envy their circumstance.  In reality, when you get to know those people, most of them have more problems that money can ever fix.  Money buys them everything but the vast majority of them are not happy and their money will not buy it.  On top of that, they have the paranoia of worrying about whether or not you are really a friend or just hanging around to get your hands on their money.  In reality,  money is a tool of living and loving. Hopefully we have enough to keep us fed, warm, and safe. Beyond that ,money is reall over-rated and never buys true happiness. WB

5. salara profile image61
    salaraposted 6 years ago

To many people have been brain washed by this idea of suburbia. Have a happy little house,a wonderfull job, and picture perfect family. I call it the hive. I work my you know what off. Struggle to balance family, work,and social life and the queen(corporate americA) enjoys all of the kick backs.
    All the while I pray my job survives the bet of the day(dow jones)and the little bit of a nest egg i have is not stolen by the families trusted accountant(washington) as if thats not enough i then hope the neighbors never find out i borrowed their gas can.(the oil) I AREE  we need to reinvest into our own communities , Help oUR lOCAL Farmers!!!! For god sake they feed our children! We need to place once again a value on us the individuals.