jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you react when someone questions a fact about yourself? Such as the color

1. Bev Scott profile image58
    Bev Scottposted 7 years ago

How do you react when someone questions a fact about yourself? Such as the color of your eyes,...

or your dress size.

2. sarasca profile image75
    sarascaposted 7 years ago

What do you mean by when someone "questions" a fact about yourself?  Like if they say, "Is that your real eye color?"  or "You can't really be a size 6?!"

In ANY case, I would imagine, if a person questions anything about you that you know to be factual and true, you can either answer them politely by telling them, "Yes, as a matter of fact, that is true," or you can be atrociously rude and say, "What's your problem?  You calling me a liar?"

Irregardless...at the root of it all, why give a fig what someone else thinks anyway?  smile

3. Bev Scott profile image58
    Bev Scottposted 7 years ago

Yes actually someone once questioned the color of my eyes, we were talking about genetics, and I said "My eyes are green and my ex-husband's hazel, so we had one brown eyed kid, and one blue eyed" She answered "No way, your eyes are not green!" I answered politely " well according to my husband they are, he told me that's what he fell in love with first!" but I felt like responding rudely with exactly what you said above! Another time I was clothes shopping with another friend, and when the assistant asked my bra size, my "friend" scoffed "your boobs are never that big". I just wondered what people do/say when people are that rude to your face.

4. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 7 years ago

This is very broad, you need to be more specific, do you mean is critical, or complimentary; or are you expecting a full blown 3000 word essay with reactions and arguments covering all possibilities?
    In any event, what other people think is of no importance,

working