If you were priortizing our current problems in America, how would you order it, most pressing...
I think all of these work hand in hand, if you fix one, the others will follow in suit.
I think we get the economy under control. People back to work, increased federal revenue, control the spending. We fix Immigration problem, it spurs economy. We get away from foreign independence of oil, we increase jobs and market here. Which keeps economy sound. We get these items under control, people working, investors investing, business growing...Healthcare becomes less of an issue.
most pressing to least
1. The American credit and debt structure, we have get spending under control, states are on the verge of bankruptcy and the fed has no money to bail them out.
2. Unemployment, with millions out of work, the fed gov. needs to get out of the way of the private sector and them create jobs. The EPA and other regulatory agencies make it difficult if not down right impossible for business to build new facilities.
3. Aid to other countries has to be cut, especially aid sent to countries that intend to harm us. The money we spend in foreign aid would be better spent taking care of the unemployed here.
4. Legalize Pot and empty the prisons of non violent criminals. The criminal justice system is completely broken when we let violent criminals out to replace them with someone arrested for possession of Marijuana. The money we would save on the war on drugs could be used for treatment and housing more of the criminals that would use violence against others.
5. Get rid of the IRS, the American tax system is a penalty on achievement. The more you make, the more they take. The time spent just conforming with IRS regulations could be better spent creating jobs. Simplify the tax system, a good place to start would be the Fair tax, you only get taxed when you spend money. This way everyone would pay in, illegal aliens, criminals and other who participate in the underground economy. For more info, read the book by John Linder and Neil Boortz.
These 5 steps would dramatically improve the quality and life style of the American people over time.
Every solution creates new problems
War & Oil
Patriot Act suspending Consitution
Bring clean manufacturing in America
by RickBurnett7 years ago
What are the top 3 problems in America today?
by Obscure_Treasures6 years ago
what do you feel is the top ten social problems in america? why do you feel this way? what makes these the top ten?
by MojoDawg5 years ago
How can a person retire comfortable in our current unstable American economy?
by JS Matthew5 years ago
What Is the "New" American Dream in our Current Economy?
by NotWiredThatWay6 years ago
Do you think the current administration has done anything to improve the economy or job market?
by Paul5 years ago
If you could fix just one thing that is wrong with our economy, what would it be?And your solution to fix the problem would become a new law.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.