jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

what if you have no money?

1. profile image46
    ihappyuposted 7 years ago

what if you have no money?

I have a friend that has no money or a place to live.  She was living with someone that works for the courts and wouldn't give her rent receipts.

2. framistan profile image57
    framistanposted 7 years ago

A lot of people seem to live off of other peoples generosity.  This is not good for either party.  The person giving free rent is being "used".  The person living for "free" is not learning to be a responsible adult.  What i have written seems HARSH doesn't it?  But these are lessons i learned after many years of witnessing MANY similar situations.  The only way to push free-loaders off of your back is to "Turn-Offf-The-Faucet" of free handouts. They will soon stop looking for freebies and get a job. I have seen it over and over again. 

Benjamin Franklin said "The best way to cure poverty is to make them uncomfortable in it."  (It's tnot an exact quote-- just from memory). I agree with ole' Ben.

1. profile image53
      LCJamesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are those that do. There are those that do not. Those that are the do nots have more rougher  that ones that do.

3. profile image53
    LCJamesposted 5 years ago

I am truly sorry for that persons situation. I have been there a time or two except I did not work for the courts. I know what it is like not have no money, job, food, and no place to live except maybe a cot somewhere for two hours or under a bridge. :You would have to carry all of what you owned on your back and ask for food, shower, to use the bathroom.  It was pretty deep their for a minute. I pulled thru it tho. I have found out that people has compassion when you did not think there was any. I have found out who cared and who did not. I realized then who was my friends and family really were. I really truly took a gander at my life and figured out that I needed to change everything about me to make it in this world for in order to live in it peacefully.