jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

historicaly speaking, does multiculturism actually work?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

historicaly speaking, does multiculturism actually work?

do modern countries thrive from multiculturism or has it caused more harm then good and how has it done historicaly

2. profile image0
    Ruach Eishposted 7 years ago

Thats an interesting question, Im not sure.  It certainly doesnt appear to be working quite as well as the politicians would like us to believe.  Historically, well, if you read all the history books about who conquered who how they did it and when it looks like people in the past didn't really believe in multiculturism as a concept.  I suppose that at any point in history if you have a large city with people from a variety of cultures all living together then those people generally speaking will try to find ways of getting on and cooperating as far as possible.

3. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4566920_f260.jpg

Unity Through Diversity is a schizophrenic jumble of social engineering ideas and belongs with the other greatest lies of all time that include:

The check is in the mail.
    This won't hurt.
    I'm from the Government & I am here to help.

Humans diversified from a single pair because we are xenophobic from biology. Race does not exist but the surface differences show that this is true.

4. Karonher profile image76
    Karonherposted 7 years ago

If all people respect the rights of others then yes it can. Sadly some want their rights and views to be respected but don't believe they have to show the same respect for others. Sadly this is when tension is caused and no one wins.

5. Zubair Ahmed profile image80
    Zubair Ahmedposted 7 years ago

I would say yes it does.  The only time you get the tensions and media coverage of it not working is in times of political discord or in times of financial hardship.  It allows the the government other self-interested parties to use scare tactics for driving forward their agendas. Take Iran for example we hear so much negativity about that country in the media that you'd be silly not to think that they are all stuck in the 13th century and cannot comprehend the modern civilized world.  But then when you actively peel away the biased media coverage you realize that so many different races, religious groups, ethnic groups living side by side for generations,with very little if any hostility against each other.

6. drdspervez profile image70
    drdspervezposted 7 years ago

I think it is a bit of a see saw effect, where maintaining a balance of some sort only results in positive result.

Think of it this way, now more than ever we know more about each other, what we choose to do with that information is a  whole another debate.

DR. DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

working