jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

A traffic ticket can be expensive. How many tickets would you say you've gotten

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

A traffic ticket can be expensive. How many tickets  would you say you've gotten since getting...

your license?

2. profile image46
    dejamccoolposted 7 years ago

I have never gotten a traffic ticket. Knock on wood.

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty careful.  I've been driving for 50 years and have had less than a dozen tickets... usually for parking and the reason was always poor signage.  Had a couple of speeding tickets.  I was a bit over the limit... not much.

And went to court over an illegal turn ticket and won and was complimented by the judge who said I should have been a lawyer.

4. ttrash profile image57
    ttrashposted 7 years ago

I've had my license 3 years and haven't gotten a ticket. In Australia the punishments for provisional drivers are really strict. If I were to be caught going 10km/h over the speed limit, my license would be suspended for 3 months and my car possibly impounded.

5. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

In 40 t years of driving, I have received 1 ( one) citation.  It was for " illegal lane change".

It was cited, after the fact , on a snow covered New York Hiway, that another driver had illegally passed me on the right.

After 40 years of driving..........................I take this simple thing with a minute smile.

6. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

2 for parking, one was bad signage, which I beat after taking photographs of the sign and taking them to court. It was a residential handicapped sign that was so faded that you couldn't tell what it was, and it was mostly obscured by trees.

The other I was in a hurry, parked too close to the corner. I was hoping to get back out in time (I didn't)

1 - speeding, very early in my driving days, had a new (to me) car with a big engine (400 small block). When the cop asked me how fast I was going, I said I didn't know (lie). He said he clocked me at 65 in a 40. My response was "That's not bad"