jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are there many survivalist on here?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

Are there many survivalist on here?

are you ready if something happens and you need to get away from the general public ?

2. Harlan Colt profile image75
    Harlan Coltposted 7 years ago

I was years ago, but my son has since pilfered everything I had over to his own personal collection of military gear. I still have a few 5 gallon buckets of dry foods like beans, and peas etc.
    - Harlan

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Yes I am. I am protected also by almighty God.

4. arb profile image81
    arbposted 7 years ago

All the survivalist I ever knew, failed to survive!

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Most people would find survival life a bit too much.  But when push comes to shove the nails come out.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I make it a point to live away from the mass population.  I was doing this before I ever heard the term, " survivalist".  Back "then", they called me " ridgerunner", " hill folk", "backwoods".........the list goes on and on.......some say, that I grew my own rocks!

7. Enuendo77 profile image70
    Enuendo77posted 7 years ago

There's no other way to be. If you are not a survivalist, you are susceptible to being dependent in a time of turmoil. If there's no one to be dependent on circumstances could be dire.

8. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

Well if you mean by 'survivalist' that I Could live using the basics if I Had to, then yes, I am one.  Big Biz is trying harder and harder to force most people into large cities because our resources are dwindling.  But I've used a wood stove, grown and preserved my own food, can sew and do a host of other things if need be.  Most people can grow some of their own food, even if only in containers on a patio or fire escape, they should do so.

9. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

perhaps i should have been more precise. i mean is anybody on here in a position where they have food, munitions, fuel and a safe place set up where they can go if something disastorous happens.
    dave mathews : so did the people in haiti and new zealand , that is working really well. wow.