jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is it about your mirror reflection that you dislike the most?

1. BenWritings profile image77
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

What is it about your mirror reflection that you dislike the most?

Also, does that thing differ greatly from the way others see it?

2. Tony DeLorger profile image80
    Tony DeLorgerposted 7 years ago

The fact that each an everytime we look at ourselves we look different. Our perceptions change depending on our mood and attitude. Sometimes we feel great and see ourselves as not bad looking at all; other times we feel like ahunchback with one mangled foot dragging behind us.

I believe our world is as we perceive it, so it's more abouit our attitudes than any reality.

3. Genna East profile image88
    Genna Eastposted 7 years ago

Cool question.  The fact that our faces are not perfectly symmetrical, so the mirror does not show exactly what we look like when we look at our reflections.  True story, and perhaps a very telling one in more ways than one; speaknig metaphorically.

4. RealHousewife profile image75
    RealHousewifeposted 7 years ago

Thats an easy one!  I hate the chip that's in the glass because my oldest daughter had a bad hair day.  Others, they probably think it's a speck of dirt - that really bugs me:)

5. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

When I look in the mirrow I see a 63 year old woman..I am told I dont look my age but it doesnt stop me scrutinising every tiny wrinkle to see if there are any more  since yesterday !!

When  I dont look in the mirror I feel like a young ( well younger !) woman..so I guess the moral is DONT look !!

6. RandomLife profile image61
    RandomLifeposted 7 years ago

For me, it would be the weight I've gained after having thyroid disease. I went from being very small 5'1 105 lbs to weighing 178 which has been very difficult to look at and think that's really what I look like now... Fortunately, I am happy to say I've lost 28lbs after learning about juicing radishes and the weight has actually been staying off! I'm starting to get happier with each look again and that makes me smile. smile

7. joshhunt83 profile image61
    joshhunt83posted 7 years ago

I dislike the fact that the guy on the other side copies everything I do.

working