jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Mexico a failed state?

1. PaulStaley1 profile image76
    PaulStaley1posted 7 years ago

Is Mexico a failed state?

Is there any hope for Mexico? Should we just build a big wall and forget about it?

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

Ya, a big wall is what Mexico needs. Walls always help to solve a society's problems. Big walls and landmines!

(http://hubpages.com/hub/Borders-and-Walls)

3. PaulStaley1 profile image76
    PaulStaley1posted 7 years ago

Nice, I sense a sarcasm that I very much agree with! And I very much like your hub on history's failed attempts at walls.

4. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

In some ways, I believe that is true. Tourism is Mexico's third largest producer of revenue. That area is beginning to be threatened by violence and fear. The majority of that tourism comes from the USA. There are also many people who feel that they should not spend their tourism dollars in Mexico because Mexico is doing little to help stem the trouble on the southern US border. Mexico has large gaps in its basic infrastructure and many problems in the area of Rule of Law. It is a large country made up of a few higly populated cities and a lot of open space. Add greed and corruption in the government and one must wonder how long it will be before the country is totally out of control. It is no wonder so many are coming to the USA illegally...they feel they have no future in that country. WB

working