jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are your solutions to save our planet?

1. Santoshwrites profile image57
    Santoshwritesposted 6 years ago

What are your solutions to save our planet?

I think we need to promote bicycle, solar power uses, tree planting and minimizing use of plastics Please give your poll to save the earth before time left, World need to weak up do your bit to save our planet on any medium if it on hub or any social networks please do this.

2. mindyjgirl profile image79
    mindyjgirlposted 6 years ago

The simple solution is to just change, it has been proven by Brazil,  we need to go to natural gas and then go to electric and so on, it a natural progression of things. American has no official plan for going off fossil fuels ,and our dollar is being threatened because we cant afford oil. If it was up to me I would go back to horse riding.

3. nextstopjupiter profile image82
    nextstopjupiterposted 6 years ago

We need a totally new cultural design of our planet, we must abolish the money based economy and replace it by a resource based economy.

4. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Stop making millions of people, the planet cannot support it. Full stop.

5. Harlan Colt profile image75
    Harlan Coltposted 6 years ago

I like the idea of moving toward a self sustaining solar/wind/ homestead. People can grow most of their own food in their backyard. We need to foster that into our culture. Growing plants and trees absorbs carbon, which lowers greenhouse effects. A whole community doing this could be very effective. If you have a small yard you can use staggered shelving to grow a ton of food in potted plants. Done properly a small, well run homestead can produce much of its own food and energy. You just need to get out of in front of Jersey Shore or Glee, get off your fat rump and DO IT.

Instead of building huge homes with little tiny back yards, where one could feasibly pee from the back door to the property line, build a smaller home on a bigger lot where people can grow their own food, a few trees and install some solar and wind options too. How about a community rain water storage facility? Instead of having a set of CC&R's that choke you to death, how about a set of CC&R's that require wind, solar and homestead-like options? If people don't want to do it they can live elsewhere.
    - Harlan

6. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 6 years ago

I am agree with your solutions. I add : destroying multinationals who are capitalizing on our health. In particular I am speaking of the food industry.

7. someonewhoknows profile image74
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

I'm siding with nextstopjupiter and  fusia  we need to get our prorities straight first.You can't eat money. Money doesn't do work,even though it is supposed to represent work done. That's not always the case.At least not when it comes to fair trade for work done.Or,equal pay for equal work.Interest payments on borrowed money which is the same as borrowed work just makes the value of all work worth less not more. Sure your getting more denominations of the currency ,but where does that come from ? The banks just keep lending out money that didn't have any backing into the economey and they collect the principal as well as interest on that fiat money. As,for your money that you may have saved in the bank it loses value over time because of this very same inflation the banks perpetuate.It's a scam and more people are becoming aware of it ,even though that don't think they can change it.

8. Freeurself profile image58
    Freeurselfposted 6 years ago

Read The Ringing Cedars of Russia series by Vladimer Megre. Book 1 is called Anastasia.

9. Johnvegan profile image56
    Johnveganposted 6 years ago

First of all no need to increase your family.
    Short family happy family.happy planet.....

working