Is it truly democracy, which ignited the people protests in Egypt and Libya?

1. prinztiyo profile image59
    prinztiyoposted 7 years ago

Is it truly democracy, which ignited the people protests in Egypt and Libya?

Under the name of somewhat democracy and freedom for people, Egypt and Libya have turned into a changing era after their long-standing rulers' administration. Democracy becomes the shields. I want to know the truth from your opinions about this phenomenon. Since I have not believed that it was democracy that drove the change in these two African nations.

2. lobonorth profile image59
    lobonorthposted 7 years ago

I suspect most revolutions are born from desperation; when there is little or no bread and even less prospect for your children, you're quite well motivated to try and change things. Freedom or any other movement that seems able to deliver improvement is going to get support because they promise to overthrow present corruption

3. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I have serious doubts that it is because democracy is a rather complex concept...far more than just wanting freedom from any process which is not realistic. I think there is a level of covert manipulation going on behind the scenes to incite these people to make demands.  Once they have toppled the existing regime, which by the way may be a good thing, then there is no plan and no real people in place to provide an alternative form of government.  This provides an opportunity for those who have other ideas to step in and grab the reins much like what happened in the 80's in Iran.  WB