jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does PETA really make sense?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

Does PETA really make sense?

they don't want people wearing hides of any kind. does this make sense considering we had to wear hides for thousands of years before synthetics were made?

2. Writer David profile image78
    Writer Davidposted 7 years ago

If PETA had their way, we would all be vegetarians.  If that ever happened, I imagine a group called PETV would most likely be formed.

3. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

Hi

Yes, PETA refers to People for Ethical Treatment to Animals.
    Yes this organisation makes sense as there are trying to curtail the killings of the animals that are hunted for skins and the like kinds.  This  will also rescue the species of animals that are on the verge of extinction.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I think they are a group that meant well when they were founded, but have gotten extreme.

Most of the hides we use are cowhide by the way and they are not in danger of becoming extinct.

5. The Frog Prince profile image78
    The Frog Princeposted 7 years ago

PETA makes about as much sense as preparing an "unkilled" hamburger.  Now that I gotta see.

The Frog

6. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

well, not that we have  other fabrics and are more progressive than walking around with our knuckles scraping the ground and talking in different pitches of grunts.....yes, it makes sense. They have some pretty ineffective ways of getting their ideas across, and yes, they maily just piss people off, but they do mean well and are fighting for a good cause.

7. Tages profile image59
    Tagesposted 7 years ago

It does, it gives an organization the ability to publish smut and call it activism.

working