jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Why do people find farting funny?

1. Timetothink profile image61
    Timetothinkposted 6 years ago

Why do people find farting funny?

For some people farting is thought of as a rude, unsanitary, and an impolite subject only enjoyed by the immature.  Do you agree?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4866517_f260.jpg

2. Lyn.Stewart profile image72
    Lyn.Stewartposted 6 years ago

It is normally teenage and youg adult males who find it funny.

They normally grow out of this thank goodness.

3. chasemillis profile image70
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

I think because sometimes people do it when they are nervious and we laugh at other peoples embarassments. That's the first thing that pops into my mind

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

GOD created man and made man to fart because GOD knew that man will be blowing a lot of hot air out of his mouth so that when it gets out of control man can release this hot air by releasing it from behind literally.It sounds funny because the hot air is coming out from behind literally and not from out of his mouth.

5. Spoof Art profile image60
    Spoof Artposted 6 years ago

because of the sound. farting would not be as funny if it were a thundering sound

6. greencha profile image71
    greenchaposted 5 years ago

Beacause I think any noise coming out of any orifice is virtually uncontrolable,
    that being the case the funny part also is the facial expressions or non-expressions pretending it wasn't them or it never happened........ha ha ha!!!!!!

1. greencha profile image71
      greenchaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

such a 'bum' comment really...

7. dianetrotter profile image74
    dianetrotterposted 4 years ago

I think there is anticipation of a smell.  I tell my students that everyone does it.  If you have surgery, you can't leave the hospital until you pass gas.

working