jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Assuming Global Warming is a real phenom, what can an individual do about it per

1. plenti42day profile image58
    plenti42dayposted 7 years ago

Assuming Global Warming is a real phenom, what can an individual do about it personally?

Please list the top 5 things you think an individual can do to combat Global Warming.

2. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

There are lots of simple steps you can take towards becoming more "green". A few examples include recycling and composting, turning off lights and unplugging appliances when not in use (because even if you aren't using them, if they are plugged in they are still using energy), driving less and walking more (or carpooling), buying locally grown and in-season fruits and veggies, and eating less meat.

3. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 7 years ago

They can do a lot actually.  You can use more efficient heating and cooling appliances.   You can switch to cfl or led bulbs. Basically anything that reduces your energy usage will also have the effect of reducing climate impacts.  Planting trees and gardens will also help.  Plants consumes the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and gardens reduce your dependance on commercially grown crops. And finally, people need to write to their representatives urging them to enact laws that positivley impact the environment.  These could be thing like carbon creditting and incentives for solar (or other) power plants.

4. jaecorn profile image60
    jaecornposted 7 years ago

One has to be more aware of his/her lifestyle.One way to do this is to change to alternatives on: d-i-jonline.com I have a product for your car That does just this .On the http://www.d-i-jonline.com/technology.html page you can find a product that performs a little modification on your motor-engine(works on any car) and will make your car partially run on water.

working