What are your thoughts on the USS Cyclops?

1. Ryan-Palmsy profile image81
    Ryan-Palmsyposted 6 years ago

What are your thoughts on the USS Cyclops?

Hi Mandrake, you recently left me a question on my hub about conspiracy theories that have possible explanations. I always strive to understand the reader and I just wondered, what do you think happened to the USS Cyclops? I'm being entirely serious here too. After it was spotted near the coast of Virginia it was never seen or heard from again, so what do you think happened?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5006875_f260.jpg

2. Mandrake_1975 profile image93
    Mandrake_1975posted 6 years ago

I honestly don't know, Ryan-Palmsy.  I never even heard of the ship or the supposed conspiracy theory concerning it until I read your hub (which was well written and amusing).

I did a quick search on it and as far as I can tell the story you present is pretty much what it is out there in the area of the more easily accessed information.  Perhaps one day I will get around to checking it out and dig for the original resource material in order to formulate an opinion on the matter, if I should find myself interested enough in that particular incident.

All I currently have to go on is a few facts and a few people who believe they have a correct interpretation of those facts, so as you can imagine I am in no position to formulate any sort of meaningful opinion on the matter.  I am open to any possibility though, regardless of what I or others may think of the conclusion or the feasibility of it, even after I have formulated an opinion (should I one day do such).

But, if I were asked to take a stab at what happened based upon my extremely limited knowledge of the subject and based upon pretty much one angle of the story (the one you presented), I would have to concur with you that it likely went down due to a major storm system somehow sinking the overloaded vessel, or that perhaps a rogue wave was the culprit.

working