jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

At what point will the growing economic inequality of the USA will create a poli

1. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

At what point will the growing economic inequality of the USA will create a political movement?

Labor Department data shows the U.S. Gini Coefficient is rising. If the current trend continues, then the American income gap will resemble that of Mexico ...

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5027380_f260.jpg

2. independentwriter profile image60
    independentwriterposted 6 years ago

I do believe that we are already at the point.  The less fortunate are seeking more and more assistance from governmental agencies.  The fortunate are seeking more and more ways to avoid paying for excessive taxes.

3. someonewhoknows profile image76
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

You need money or enough money to have where withall at least be able to create a  for-mail " pun intended " political movement.

4. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Looking at the chart - the 1930's Great Depression was a result of the Stock Market Crash is similair to the rampant oil speculation of today.

5. artcivacomp profile image59
    artcivacompposted 6 years ago

Occupy Wall Street may just be the beginning of such a political movement. They will need to be organized and motivated to succeed. Somehow I don't think that will happen. They are the product of too much government.

6. JoshG185 profile image57
    JoshG185posted 6 years ago

Although you asked your question 5 months ago it has appeared again today. The simple answer is now people are at the tipping point now where many have more costs than they do income. We are called the 99% and we are occupying various financial centres around the world peacefully. If you want to read further then check out my most recent hubs. Hope this helps Josh.

working