jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it still difficult for an African American man or woman to get a job in this

1. kevin.howell profile image60
    kevin.howellposted 6 years ago

Is it still difficult for an African American man or woman to get a job in this country?

Does discrimination still prevail? Why?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Dude, it's difficult for anyone to get a decent job in this country.  The profiteers sent the jobs to where they could get fatter quicker.

3. profile image0
    Valoric Fireposted 6 years ago

Outsourcing & downsizing are color blind.  The American worker is now the low wage serf, under-skilled, undereducated, underpaid and unappreciated.  The massive transfer of wealth was designed and manufactured by elitist greed while the peasants dined on bread and circuses.

4. Robot kid profile image54
    Robot kidposted 6 years ago

i agree with wesman hardcore. we need factory jobs. why after WW2 did we get rid of factory jobs

5. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

To a certain extent, but I think for the most part everything is very different.

6. feenix profile image59
    feenixposted 6 years ago

No, it is not still difficult for blacks to land jobs in this country. There are plenty of job opportunities for them.

However, because racism is still quite prevalent in many, if not most, work places, blacks are disproportionately "under-hired" and passed over for promotions.

7. Miss Info profile image81
    Miss Infoposted 6 years ago

not only is there a devasting shortage of good jobs in the US at this time, but many African Americans and other people of color have to combat racial prejudice in massive proportions.

8. sam3m profile image59
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

i'm afraid that it is difficult for african-americans to get jobs than white americans.  racism still exists even though most of us do not want to be prejudiced.  i think those feelings still hang on in many people.
    i worked for a state government in an administrative position some yrs. ago.  a mandate regarding hiring minorities was implemented which required interviewers to list the reasons for accepting or rejecting an applicant.  it worked beautifully since it forced staff to look at each applicant objectively.  and those objecting to affirmative action efforts had no problems with it.

working