jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What government programs work in this country?

1. crankalicious profile image94
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

What government programs work in this country?

With so much emphasis on less government, we often forget that the government provides myriad programs that work and that help regular people. For all the unfair criticism it's getting, Planned Parenthood is actually one of those. It provides health care for women in need (abortions are less than 3% of what PP does). What programs help you?

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

Yes, Planned Parenthood helps some.   Actually, before I realized they performed abortions, I used to go there to get pap smears and etc.
    That's the problem------ part of them is corrupt.  And since they (overall, it seems) advocate for abortion, then I think they should be shut down.

Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid WORK!   People in my family, my parents, benefited from them, and rightly so.   But those programs too have some fraud/corruption in them.

Whatever good thing there is,  you can bet someone will insert some kind of corruption into them.

I'm appalled that anyone, Democrat or Republican, in our Congress is considering those programs like Medicare and Social Security first as possibilities of cutting them down or out!
    There are way too many other unnecessary programs and grants and schemes  that they could be looking at.

3. WindMaestro profile image59
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

The CIA. The helped us find Osama Bin Laden. smile

4. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Planned parenthood is both good and bad. Personally, I feel it was much more beneficial to the world BEFORE it was a government program. Though it may just be me...

5. Guanta profile image73
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

If there were no government programs, I wonder if we wouldn't be better off as citizens.  Today I would just keep  Social Security, not because it benefits me, but because I made a contribution for 43 years and now is time for me to collect my money.

6. zduckman profile image61
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

I would have to say that MOST of their social programs are a HUGE success. If we want to balance the budget lets cut the military spending...look at the largest piece of the pie....not social programs which account for a small percentage of the whole.
    I am going to school thanks to government grants
    social security is what my mom is surviving on after working her whole life and raising 4 kids who all pay taxes
    unemployment helps people avoid homelessness 
    Welfare is a drop in the bucket and provides a social safety net to keep people from starving on our streets like a 3rd world nation

Re: abortion haters ...would you rather planned parenthood closed....all people were forced to have a baby. Would you rather have disease rate skyrocket because people can no longer receive treatment and education.....wake up

Re: CIA ....they might have found Osama...if it is really true...but they have a history as the largest drug smugglers in U.S. history...this is documented fact. They were responsible for the creation of crack cocaine.

Military spending and health care reform would balance the budget....but we operate under a system based on debt...so that will never happen. This is no accident...the federal reserve runs our monetary system...and charges interest on any loans issued to the government...so that is why the debt is so high....because a few are getting rich while the rest of us suffer.
    Do your homework google :
    1. the federal reserve
    2. the Bilderburg group
    3. The Council on Foreign Relations
    4. The Trilateral Commission
    5. The Rothchilds

Viva la Revolucion