jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should the USA follow Israel, & give back the country to the Native American's?

1. Ken Barton profile image56
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

Should the USA follow Israel, & give back the country to the Native American's?

If Israel has to give back the land it captured in '67, how about Obama giving back this country to the Native Americans?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander  Giving back land lost in the '67 war won't solve anything.  It's a Holy Muslim sin for a Muslim to have anything to do with a Jew!  Therefore, there can be No Peace between the two, it's just that simple.

2. HattieMattieMae profile image61
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

Hmm well that would be awesome if they gave back the land to the native americans, but you know they won't, because they are to greedy & money happy! Love power and control and have to rule the roost! smile Kind of like parents saying don't follow my example, but do as I say! lol

3. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

If you open up that can of worms then the Native Americans are going to be joined by a lot of newcomers. How about the Mexicans, the Spanish, Canadians,  and the Japanese. These are just a few.....there are more but that "can" is getting full.

As for the Middle East...unless Israel agrees to it's own total destruction, and I'm pretty sure they will not, there will be no peace.....only war. The Arabs could have founded a Palestinian state anytime from 1948 until 1967. They controlled the West Bank, Gaza and Jerusalem for 19 years. They could have created a new Palestinian state...but they didn't. This conflict has never been about the "Palestinians" that is the political folly of the West. The West has steadfastly refused to recognize the facts on the ground. This "holy war"is about the destruction of Israel. That is the Arab bottom line and as I said before I'm pretty sure Israel will not agree.....go figure!

4. Ken Barton profile image56
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

Mr. Happy, I'm not hateful, just factual. That quote is take from a Palestinian News Paper back in 1983.  I didn't say it, they did.  If you read the Quran there are 109 verses that call Muslims to war with unbelievers. You may have been part of a group in a University that promotes peace is great, but denying what is their actual teachings does not benefit anyone either. 

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran … olence.htm

As for Palestine having a right to the land?

Before 1948 it was - the British Empire, Before the British it was - the Ottoman Empire, Before Ottomans it was - fought over by Crusaders and Arabs, Before the Crusades it was - briefly held by Arabs, Before the Arab Jihad it was - The Byzantine Christian Empire, Before the Byzantines it was - the Roman Empire's Provence of Israel, Before the Romans it was - Israel, province of Alexandrian Greek Empire., Before Alexander it was - Israel, province of Persian empire, Before Persia it was - Israel, province of Babylonian empire, Before Babylon it was - Israel, The Land was given to Abraham, Grandfather of Jacob/Israel.

There NEVER was a nation called Palestine. So, they have No legal right to own the land, either from the British, the Ottomans, the Romans, or from God.

5. ricksterK profile image57
    ricksterKposted 6 years ago

I had the same initial reaction, then I thought it was a bad analogy.  We took the land from Native Americans who didn't attack us, whereas Israel acquired the post 1967 lands through war initiated by the Arab nations.  America should therefore also give back Guam, Guantano Bay Cuba (which makes no sense anyway that we own a piece of another country's island), Texas, and all the other lands we acquired through war.
    So let me ask; is Obama trying to sell out Israel, America's only true friend in the middle east?  As for the Palestinians, they were rejected by Jordan and every other Arab nation.  They've turned the Gaza strip with its Israeli built infrastructure into a cesspool run by a terrorist organization.  If they want to better themselves, they could.  The Palestinians should wise up.  They're a propaganda tool for the extremist cause at their expense.

6. KK Trainor profile image61
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

There's really no comparison between the two situations. The Native Americans had no cities other than a few cliff dwellings out west. They did not settle or civilize this land and I don't think they ever would have. They were so far behind the rest of the world in advancements and technology. The Israel Palestine issue is frustrating and seems impossible to solve, but it doesn't compare to us colonizing and conquering America.

working