jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who has more integrity: Firemen or Police Officers?

1. Miss Info profile image82
    Miss Infoposted 6 years ago

Who has more integrity: Firemen or Police Officers?

Which department do you believe is more honest and true to their service - without corruption, bias or scandal obstructing their mission?

2. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Its gotta be Firemen. Policemen are subjected to much higher levels of temptation than their counterparts are. How often are Firemen bribed?  Its probably rarely, if at all.

3. KK Trainor profile image61
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

That's a tough question, but CWanamaker has a point. My husband is in law enforcement and he is subject to credit checks and scrutiny. I don't know what different agencies do, but it's meant to ensure they aren't doing anything too sneaky I think. It would be nice if they could be paid what they are worth and then they wouldn't need those other sources of "income".

4. jcm_blabs profile image84
    jcm_blabsposted 6 years ago

I must say that firefighters are it.  The community has a higher appreciation for them and what they do because of their life-saving purpose.  Police officers, on the other hand, spend a lot of their time performing traffic stops and citing people in what many deem as harrassment and revenue-generation actions, which is aggravating to many.

5. prettynutjob30 profile image90
    prettynutjob30posted 6 years ago

In my personal opinion I think firefighters are more honest and true.

6. someonewhoknows profile image76
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

Which town,city or country are we talking about? I had to ask!

7. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

I think the police officer faces more opportunity on which his/her integrity is on the line...more opportunities for bribery, theft, misrepresenting the facts, etc.   For me, firemen are about courage in that they face the dangers associated with fire and saving lives. WB

working