jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do you think hate crimes are rising in Canada?

1. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Why do you think hate crimes are rising in Canada?

it has increased almost 50% in the last year, the majority against religions, what do you think the reason is?

2. swb78 profile image59
    swb78posted 6 years ago

I really fear the term "hate crime." It really has no other purpose except to reinforce political correctness. I don`t know what kind of "hate crimes" are occurring in Canada so it would be hard to guess what the statistics are or what origins may be related.

3. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 6 years ago

I think it is due to several reasons which include financial, education and moral values and ethics. It appears that people who commit a hate crime are angry inside. They take their hate and lash out. The result is the decline of the moral integrity and values that we have today. There are many who are out of work and are losing their shirts and homes. The cost of living has risen to obscene standards. People look to blame someone who is colored and brings home more money than they do.  These people who hate think they have all the answers to why these folks should be targeted. A hate crime is one of the worst crimes that society has had to endure for centuries. If we can get rid of the hate, we will be stronger and productive enough to fix the problems that together we all have to face.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I think more are rightly being classified as hate crimes. Defacing a cemetery, burning a cross on a mixed-race couples lawn, things like that.

5. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago
  6. WindMaestro profile image59
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

Wait a minute....there are crimes in Canada?

7. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

I believe many hate crimes are because of diversity. This is a sad thought because everyone should be aloud to be there own unique self.

rorshak sobchak

8. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

Because beer is to expensive..........................................

working