jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Did you ever say something that you really regretted and wished you had kept you

1. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

Did you ever say something that you really regretted and wished you had kept your mouth shut?

2. cooldad profile image59
    cooldadposted 6 years ago

Many times, many times.  But I am a man and that seems to be a male trait.  I try to learn from having to insert my foot into my mouth, but usually I end up letting anger and frustration get the best of me.  Sometimes it can be cathartic, sometimes not so much.

3. manthy profile image77
    manthyposted 6 years ago

Yeah at least a hundred times I am known for speaking my mind even if it hurts your feelings

4. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

Yes, actually. As a matter of fact, I had an incident today. We're all human, and as such everyone deserves to have a good blow up every now and then (perfectly justified of course). Still, I wish I could have figured out another way to handle things.

I always end up feeling like such a LOSER when I lose my cool!

5. wealthseeker profile image58
    wealthseekerposted 6 years ago

Yes, too many times. I always think next time will be better. I really hope this time, next time better.

6. MOEFLATS profile image74
    MOEFLATSposted 6 years ago

Nope!  I have been doing the best to save the innocent Americans being subjected to electronic harassment.  I've had a gun pointed at me,  been subject to severe electronic attacks and been told to "Shut Up".  Thing is, I'm not ever going to stop warning the people about the mass brainwashing/mental invasion that is undeniably going on in this country as we speak.

7. preacherdon profile image72
    preacherdonposted 6 years ago

Yep, happened to me. I was in a music store counter getting ready to check out when I overheard a customer and the clerk talking about Carman. The customer was asking if they had any. The clerk said he didn't believe so. I said, "Don't you guys have a pretty thorough Contemporary Christian music section? I thought I saw some Carman over there." The clerk said, "Yeah, we have Carman in the Christian section but she's (the customer) asking about Carmen, the opera. It was one of those moment where I'd rather been anywhere else.

8. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

But of course, I am, afterall over 10! 

Who of us has not experienced this?  There are many small things that I wish could be  undone.  Even though, they may have contributed to my own growing or maturity, they cost someone some comfort.

9. Mayaanjali profile image68
    Mayaanjaliposted 6 years ago

Oh I used to make this mistake all the time earlier but with age and experience I have mellowed.

working