jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you do anything special to celebrate Canada Day?

1. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Do you do anything special to celebrate Canada Day?

we go see the fireworks in our town and then we have our own at home. my kids love having their faces painted like our flag, what do you do?

2. Frank Atanacio profile image80
    Frank Atanacioposted 6 years ago

Canada?  is that really a country?  I'm kidding..  but no  I do nothing for Canada day... Cinco De Mayo..  yeah.. St Paddy's  of course..  but you are right.. why not Canada Day?

3. jmack7 profile image60
    jmack7posted 6 years ago

No,I'm not Canadian.  I don't celebrate the founding of a country I am not a citizen of.  Otherwise I probably would never stop celebrating if I participated in the holidays of every country which isn't really a bad thing.

4. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

I have been in Canada for almost twenty years and I am still learning what it means to be Canadian. Last year I went to my first Pow-wow (http://hubpages.com/hub/A-trip-to-a-Fir … on-Reserve) at Dokis First Nation and since I had an amazing time, I am going again tomorrow for the week-end.
    Anyone is welcome: http://www.dokisfirstnation.com/
    Join us!
    (We should be able to vote-up questions not only the answers lol.)

5. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Not particularly.  Here in upper middle Tennessee Canada is considered a foreign country.

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Oh, this is too funny non-Canadians answering this!  There are plenty of Canadians on hubpages to answer this question.

We like to watch the local fireworks a little ways away from their site as the crowds and misquitoes can be a bit much.  I live in a condo, so no fireworks at home.  When I was a child, we loved sparklers.  There are some events  scheduled outside that I want to attend-hopefully the weather will cooperate!

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I really wish that I could just up and head on up there.  I've been to Canada. . . .for about thirty minutes one time - and that wasn't nearly enough Canada for me.

working