jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you agree with the jury's decision on the Casey Anthony trial?

1. justamber profile image59
    justamberposted 6 years ago

Do you agree with the jury's decision on the Casey Anthony trial?

2. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

I do not know enough of the details to second guess them with the decision but based on what I do know I have to say that a jury under instructions for the death penalty must be 100% sure beyond the shadow of a doubt that a person, any person, committed a crime...any doubt goes to the accused's favor which is the right thing to do.  I am not sure Casey killed her daughter unless she indirectly did it through neglect.  I think this child's death was the product of a dyfunctional family that failed this little girl and when they discovered how badly they failed her some of them tried to hide the damage.  Casey took the rap and maybe deserved some of it. Unfortunately stupidity is not a crime but maybe it should be in some situations. WB

3. jberens43 profile image55
    jberens43posted 6 years ago

don't know all the details but if I had to go with my gut, I'd say she was guilty.

4. tony0724 profile image58
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

I did and still believe that Casey Anthony is guilty as all hell. But in a death penalty case you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty without question. And the prosecution never did produce the smoking gun that proved Casey Anthonys guilt. I still think she did it though !

5. KK Trainor profile image59
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

I do think she knows what happened to her daughter, but the prosecution didn't have any evidence so she's gotten away with it. I hope she and her parents never have a day of peace again.

6. proudmamma profile image79
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

I think it is horrible that a beautiful little girl, Caylee Anthony, lost her life and nobody will pay the penalty for destroying her life. I DO NOT agree with the verdict. I watched alot of the trial and followed most of the news and talk shows on it since it happened. Dysfunctional family or not, I believe she killed her little girl. The car smelled of a decomposing body. The car she drove. The car she left the parents house in a month before Caylee was reported missing. She claimed the little girl was with a nanny everytime the grandmother asked about her. Her fake job. The body found near the Anthony home.
    I could go on and on forever. I feel the jury took the direction of the court BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT too far. Come on get real what mother goes out partying every night if it was an accident or if your child was taken by another person. She wanted her party girl lifestyle and Caylee was in her way!

7. Jamie Brock profile image90
    Jamie Brockposted 6 years ago

I don't agree with the jury.  I'm not saying she killed Caylee in cold blood but even if it was an accident, it should have been reported.. in the very least she was negligent and since she has lied continuously it really does make people wonder WHY she is trying to hide what happened.   Casey Anthony is the only one that knows what happened to that baby... and she's lying and Caylee is no longer with us. It's pretty easy to put one and one together to make two. I'm actually still upset about the verdict. I think I always will be.

working