jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think we are nearing the end of the world as we know it?

1. ComfortB profile image87
    ComfortBposted 6 years ago

Do you think we are nearing the end of the world as we know it?

With record heat waves (over the 100s here in Georgia), flooding in most states, tornadoes, earthquakes and sunamis, I thought I'll ask this question.
    It's recorded in the Bible -Nation will go to war with nation, and kingdom with kingdom: there will be earth-shocks in different places; there will be times when there is no food; these things are the first of the troubles. Mark 13:8.

2. Enock Vera profile image71
    Enock Veraposted 6 years ago

The World is yet to end. Many people have said the bible says it will end in 2012, but there has been scientific evidence to suggest that the world is going to a new age i.e. moving on from the bronze age to the iron age etc. It will be a sad shame to believe that all the new born babies born this year or next would have hardly lived. And as for the signs, you have to view the Earth as a living entity so in this sense the Earth goes through cycles much like the seasons do. So in essence it's just nature doing what nature intended.

3. ComfortB profile image87
    ComfortBposted 6 years ago

Every living entity do always have a beginning and an end. So doesn't that mean that the earth/world will one day cease to exist as we know it?

4. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

i think we are most defintley getting closer to it but theese things have been going on for a long time it didnt just start happing now i dont see where or what the big fuss is about the end of the world will come someday rather we life it or not its a fact and we just have to do what we can to enjoy our lives today i try not to worry about such things

5. loneparentgiggles profile image60
    loneparentgigglesposted 6 years ago

Yes... as we know it... doesn't mean it's going to end suddenly, or that we're all going to drop dead... just that there will be major changes. If you believe in astrology we're entering the age of aquarius. But as far as certain religions are concerned... WE'RE ALL DOOMED MAN!