jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are there any rules that don't have exceptions?

1. Elizabeth99 profile image60
    Elizabeth99posted 6 years ago

Are there any rules that don't have exceptions?

2. TheWorldNow profile image73
    TheWorldNowposted 6 years ago

The one I can think of off hand is "Everyone Must Die Sometime"

3. frugalfamily profile image75
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

The two certain things in life are death and taxes...and they come together with the death tax.  I can't think of an exception to the golden rule.

4. Pintoman profile image61
    Pintomanposted 6 years ago

I don't think there are any exceptions to gravity. It works like it's supposed to everywhere. There are no exceptions to the conservation of energy, otherwise we would have perpetual motion, and we don't. There's more.

5. Astra Nomik profile image41
    Astra Nomikposted 6 years ago

Rules are all about the art of the possible versus the impossible. Someone nearly always finds a way to break a rule. Death is inevitable, and life is fleeting, but there is no reason why we can't push some boundaries a bit to see will they stretch or bend more. What is real or not real any more? How can we know? Rules are reminders of what is possible. I don't see them as absolutes. I have ventured beyond one or two rules and was surprised by the outcome. I even had life changing experiences. But aging and death are all too absolute, alas...

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

death is the only one that comes to mind. i'm sure there are others but i'm drawing a blank.