How do we get back to a truly representative government?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 6 years ago

How do we get back to a truly representative government?

It seems that every Congressman I hear, is more willing to fall on his Party sword than his constituency's sword! They have better healthcare than I do, but mine costs too much. They have better retirement than I do but mine costs too much. They pay less for their medications than I do, but mine cost too much. What little I do get, that I worked my whole life for I'm told that I don't deserve, but we can spend billions in the worlds largest Cocaine manufacturing country. There is a serious disconnect here, and am I the only one that sees it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3703173_f260.jpg

2. pork22 profile image69
    pork22posted 6 years ago

I agree. Unfortunately it seems change will not come quickly or easily.

3. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

participate in your local political life. If a local politician breaks promises, publicize it, run against them, support opponents. When you get your message through that bad behavior will not be tolerated by the voting public, then you will regain control.

The growing malaise of the public, refusing to go to public meetings, "I have no voice," claims and "They do what they want anyway" only serve the interests of badly behaving politicians.

Being active is the right and duty of every citizen of the Republic.

working