jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How has the Tea-Party hurt the way other countries view the US?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

How has the Tea-Party hurt the way other countries view the US?

has the Tea-Party changed your views of the US patriotism, honesty or anything?

2. American Romance profile image59
    American Romanceposted 6 years ago

Since we were downgraded for the first time in history for NOT doing what the Tea Party advocated..........I would say the rest of the world is rooting them on!...........along with all Americans who will now pay more interest on loans and will lose even more money in their retirement portfolios once the stock market opens monday!

3. kimh039 profile image89
    kimh039posted 6 years ago

This is an interesting question because it pre-supposes that the Tea-Party has hurt the country, and is asking how.  Hmmm.

4. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

It has made people turn to coffee.                                                  .

5. thomasczech profile image64
    thomasczechposted 6 years ago

It isn't the Tea-Party alone which has hurt the way the world views the US. It is the US government and its politicians who have done this.
    Let me explain, the US government and its leaders are Hypocrits, they freak out when american soldiers are killed and or tortured and they say it is illegal. Yet they do the same to others, they say it is illegal to detain americans and yet they illegally detain others.
    They would scream is a nation would enter their country but they illegally enter other countries and I could go on. This isn't an attack on the US but I am trying to explain why the world has come to hate the US. (gov not people) I have travelled extensively around the world, I am blessed to have this opportunity as a Canadian. And everywhere I go people ask me why the US is starting wars, illegally entering nations like Pakistan, killing, maiming, torturing etc innocent civilians. And why they spend billions doing so while their own citizens are becoming jobless, homeless and dieing because of no health care, children lacking education and so on. You see, this is why the world hates the US government.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

As much as I dislike the tea party, I don't think it was their fault that this debt debate turned into such a fiasco. Rather, I blame the politicians in congress who held up common sense legislation for no other reason than political leverage. The tactic seemed to be 'derail the U.S. then blame the other guy'. I understand why President Obama wanted to use the debt ceiling increase as an opportunity to balance the budget, but based on congress's behavior over the last few years, I'm shocked he thought it would actually be possible. He should have used executive powers to raise the limit without congress, or proposed a straight increase bill. Then, when congress can get their heads together (or get voted out) we can try again for a working budget.

working