What has Barack Obama done for you?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. mortimerjackson profile image58
    mortimerjacksonposted 12 years ago

What has Barack Obama done for you?

To people who support re-electing Obama, what exactly has he done to earn your trust?

2. Allen Williams profile image69
    Allen Williamsposted 12 years ago

Sorry, I don't support re-electing Obama but I cannot help telling you what he did for me.
      1.  He made me lose my job.  My employer clearly told me that since Obama has been voted into office that the economy is going down and there has to be economic cutbacks so my position is being cut.

2.  He as caused me financial hardship, and I was forced to use everything I worked hard for and saved to make a living.

3.  He caused me to lose my home because I had no income due to him being the President.

4.  I started a small business since I was unable to find another job since being laid off.  My business failed due to Obama's bad economy.  He just doesn't know how to create an environment for a good economy.

5.  He has caused me to suffer from severe depression which I was treating for but can no longer afford the medication. 

Do you think that is enough?  Notice that he hasn't done anything for me that was good and I am not alone in my situation.  For the many people like myself that have been grossly effected by Obama, we are in a great depression no matter what anyone else says.  People are talking about a possible double dip recession, there is no such thing when you need a job and lose everything you have.  There is only depression and right now many of us are worse off than many that suffered in the great depression!

3. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

We have come to have unrealistic expectations of presidents.
    All they really do is attempt to influence congress with an agenda.
    The president has NO Real power!
    Congress and the Senate write and pass legislation.!
    The only reason Obama got elected is because the country was in a deep recession. Had the economy been roaring along he would never have won.
    The real question is what has your congressman/woman or senator done to earn your trust? Awhile back I wrote a hub titled "Political Gridlock: It's The American Way"
    http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … whatwewant
    The truth is we are on our own and have always been! Politicians aren't saviors. I've lost jobs under both Democrats and Republicans. I've had great income years under both parties as well. It's a little unrealistic for me to buy into the belief some guy sitting in the oval office thousands of miles away from me determines my happiness. In the words of William Ernest Henley,
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."

4. profile image0
    jami l. pereiraposted 12 years ago

Obama hasnt done anything but make things worse for our economy , and i hate to say it but i really thought that he would do better. I agreed that there should be health care reform , but not take it away from social security and the elderly and the list piles on and on , they need to get rid of welfare feed the children and our elderly that suffers , they need to get rid of politicians high end lifestyles and put ALL of the money into the working class peoples social security and stop screwing with the kids' education ! teachers are low paid enough! and so on and so forth ...and then someone asks in another question if Obama will be voted for again ....ummmm "hell no!" I do believe he was used as a political scapegoat , just another innocent wanting to correct congresses wrongdoings , he did well , and he got the blame for everything just like congress wanted him to do  , Its congress that has the power , not the president .

5. Deborah-Diane profile image82
    Deborah-Dianeposted 12 years ago

Heathcare!  I know so many people without heathcare.  If Obama loses the next election, the healthcare bill with be destroyed and insurance companies will continue to decide who lives and dies.

6. tarrka1089 profile image60
    tarrka1089posted 12 years ago

He made it possible to refinance my home otherwise I would have lost it.

In 2014 the total amount of students loans in repayment can only be 10% of your gross monthly income versus right now I'm paying just slightly over 50% (talk about struggling to make ends meet).

Working as a pediatric homecare nurse, and previously in the NICU, now my patients no longer can be denied insurance or worse yet, find out that preemie infants have maxed out their lifetime benefits.

Insurance already dictates how much a patient can receive in supplies for a month - too bad if it will actually only get the patient through half of the month.  This means it leaves us nurses scrambling and asking co-workers if they can spare "x, y or z" to cover the other half.

And no one in the U.S. should be denied medical coverage due to a pre-existing condition of acne (come on)!

Insurance companies have entirely too much power and $$$$ - when they can spend $1million a day during the campaigning against the health care reform, shouldn't that make you wonder?

We definitely fall extremely short compared to the quality and availability of care in other countries - Obama didn't get all he wanted with the health care reform, but he finally got one passed (which Ted Kennedy realized it would have been better if he had gone ahead and gotten something in and then be able to amend and refine.)

If you listen closely to what some of the GOP are promoting - cutting Social Security, raising the Medicare costs for the elderly......  well that's enough of that.

No, he is not perfect, but the mess he walked into was worse than anyone realized - and on the flip side, pundants and politicians agree that if McCain had been voted in, it would not have been any better.

7. SheliaKay profile image60
    SheliaKayposted 12 years ago

He tripled the cost of our health insurance premiums , but we still have the same crappy benefits. Gas prices have gone up so much that we no longer can afford to go on as many road trips like we use to do. Lets not forget how much groceries have increased also. More and more people are applying and getting social security disability or ssi. I have a sister in Law( early 40's)who collects it for "back Pain" but she is able to help re-roof a house. If she can carry roofing materials up a ladder and work bent over for hours  nailing them down, then why can't she work a real job? The government needs to crack down on some of these dead beats who are collecting a check each month and are perfectly able to work while the rest of us who do work have to pay more and more in taxes.

8. Troyangeluk profile image41
    Troyangelukposted 12 years ago

I don't trust him, he hasn't made much of an impression ot me here in the UK lol

9. Darknlovely3436 profile image69
    Darknlovely3436posted 12 years ago

To people who support re-electing Mr. George Bush, what exactly has he done
    to earn your trust when he was in office, and what have he done to this country,

Mr. Obama is cleaning up his mess , have you forgotten that?

10. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 12 years ago

I'm trying to think what George Bush did for anyone other than throw the American people under the bus.

11. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 12 years ago

Enabled children to be on their parents policy longer, provided screening and more benefits for the elderly. And initiated the possibility of everyone being able to get health insurance.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)