jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you prepared for a hurricane?

1. BWD316 profile image84
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

Are you prepared for a hurricane?

with hurricane Irene ramping up in the Bahamas, its expected to be a serious threat to the east coast of the united States

2. prektjr.dc profile image86
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

I would be prepared, yes.  However, I live in Tornado Alley where we have devastation with only minutes of warning instead!!  It would have been amazing to have had days to prepare and evacuate and possibly save lives and property.  I can't imagine being foolish enough to stay when you are warned.  I hope people will use some common sense and take precautions and follow recommendations.

3. BWD316 profile image84
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

That's great that your prepared! Especially since you live in tornado alley!  The reason it seems people are not prepared for hurricanes and do not evacuate is all due to the in frequency of the storms, tornados hit every year no matter what, hurricanes may form every year but they don't always hit the coast, east coast hasn't seen a hurricane since 2008, New England since 1991 and 1986! Another factor is the close calls it's like the boy who cried wolf, you get people who believe the storm will go out to sea!

4. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

None of us are really prepared for a hurricane, you can prepare but God is more powerful than man so admit it.