jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are your proud of how we, as a nation, take care of our returning soldiers or ar

1. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

Are your proud of how we, as a nation, take care of our returning soldiers or are you disappointed?

2. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

That we send our young to service, sometimes even in war zones, to defend or represent US, and then leave them to their own devices, in healing...........what ever wounds, physical or mental...................is a national disgrace.

So, is, feeding and offering medical care when OUR own, go hungry, without medicine, without housing.

There IS trauma , hardship and hunger across the globe...........I GET this.............but ANY nation, should be focused on taking care of their own, first.

I have more disappointment than pride on how we take care of our vets, our elderly, our poor, and our hungry.

Fifteen years ago, I saw, up close, my first, " cardboard" house...........it haunts me today...................It simply should not be this way in the USofA.

My own Grandpa was a POW of France during WW1, I have not heard from my career military brother in YEARS.............a story that he shared with me  years ago haunts me........it always will........

We can educate, protect, medicate, ILLEGALS, prisoners..........yet we leave our soldiers to the elements!   This is not right, not fair, and it is terribly unjust!   

Come forward Americans, GET behind our soldiers and their families............step your ass up to the plate!

Charity and goodwill should begin at HOME., and be FIRST given to our own.

I am ALL for spreading "THE EXCESS".

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

I don't believe in warring the Middle East - I believe we're only in their for economic purposes. But that's my view.

I think the care they receive is great from an English view, most soldiers come back and may pick new careers, or go onto more successful army careers. We're quite helpful to those injured and many that are injured receive many awards and much compensation.

4. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

I honestly think its messed up. People kiss the asses of NFL players, and Hollywood jack***'s and these people come home and get no respect and in most cases, not even a thank you. I am not one to support war, but if someone is out fighting for the lives of others, putting their own life at risk, they deserve a lot of respect. Its the same with fire fighters, they make nothing and put their lives on the line every day. Its not right.

5. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

I think power and money have affected world regulation. It is a sad story to be told,but we only get the crumbs that fall from the table.

6. Dennis AuBuchon profile image82
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

I am proud of all those who serve in the military, those who made the ultimate sacrifice, those who come back injured and those who come back safe.  We as a nation should honor those who serve and also those who leave families behind to defend the liberties we have today.

I believe there are organizations both government and private that recognize the service our troops provide to each and every citizen of this country.  Too many times we hear negative things in the news about not providing for our troops and their families.  This seems to make the news but the things we do for our veterans never get the exposure it deserves. 

Too many times in my local area I have seen how towns recognize and honor the service our veterans have given.  I do not feel this activity is just locally as there are news stories highlighting the achievements of our military. 

To answer the question I am proud of what our country does to take care of our returning soldiers.  Should we do more?  The answer is unquestionably yes.