jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What did you thing about President Obama's "The American Job Act" speech if you

1. cmlindblom profile image75
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

What did you thing about President Obama's "The American Job Act" speech if you watched it tonight?

I thought it was finally something he got right and hopefully it passes and works as well as he wants it too. I know there are going to be people that want to argue it just to be different but if you actually listened it was pretty good.

2. brooklyn00123 profile image60
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

It didn't sound much different that what he has been saying.. I am on his side tho when it comes down to the issue that the republicans seem to be fighting and that is the fact that the rich need to be paying their share. It's not class warfare if he is simply asking everyone to pay their share

3. Sam Dolloff profile image61
    Sam Dolloffposted 6 years ago

I did actually like some of what he was saying.  I would like to actually see what is in the bill before it passes though.  It makes me worried when anyone in congress urges a bill to be enacted right away.  But if it works to turn the economy around thats a good thing.

I dont agree with taxing the crap out of the rich, I think it should b a flat tax but that will never happen.

4. hiwinder profile image79
    hiwinderposted 6 years ago

I stopped listening to his endless campaign speeches long ago.

5. Deborah-Diane profile image81
    Deborah-Dianeposted 6 years ago

I think Obama is trying hard to do what is best for the country.  If the Repubicans don't vote for these programs, it will clearly show me that they would rather see people suffer than risk letting Obama look good.  This is a sad comment on our politicians.

6. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 6 years ago

BRAVO!  GREAT SPEECH!  I hope congress passes it, as it is desperately needed.  I know there will be people who complain about it,  but our economy needs a jolt so badly that it needs to be passed.  No bill will every be perfect.  At least this is a jobs bill that will get people back to work.

7. L.L. Woodard profile image76
    L.L. Woodardposted 6 years ago

My thought is that any plan is better than no plan and the president's plan sounds reasonable enough. I've already written my elected officials to let them know my thoughts and to discourage them from debating the small points to death.

At this point, our economy has nowhere to go but up. Let's try Obama's plan. If it works, so much the better for everyone--and if it doesn't voters will voice their displeasure at the ballot box.

working