jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you noticed any generalized personality differences between liberals and co

1. stuff4you profile image66
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

Have you noticed any generalized personality differences between liberals and conservatives?

if so, what

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Is this in English government? If so, yes. Liberals want more out of education and welfare; they provide more to communities and want less cuts in public sectors. In Conservatives, they work more to a private owned public sector and will do anything to get it; they will cut anything viable to make them more money to stop the large deficit we are facing.

So yes, in many ways. In fact, Liberals are more Labour-sided then Conservatives. Which begs the question, why did Lib Dems join with Conservatives, instead of Labour?

(If you're on about American Government, I do apologise)

3. Jonesy0311 profile image59
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I have not personally noticed any. However, an intelligent friend of mine told me about a pasychology article he read on this topic. Basically, it said that liberals were much more gullible and trusting, while conservatives were generally more stubborn and refused to be told what to do. I doubted the validity of the experiment. However, the author held a PhD and I do not. Perhaps he knew what he was talking about.

4. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Not sure really personality differences applies it wouldn't be an all apples or oranges thing. Everyone has a very specific personality, but Liberals and Conservatives simply have different views.

5. ibbarkingmad profile image82
    ibbarkingmadposted 6 years ago

Conservatives are excessively optimistic except in the mistrust of government. Liberals are excessively pessimistic except in the over-trust of government. There are exceptions of course. For some reason conservatives in the US trust the military. Liberals hate for profit business is fascinating when they love government's inefficient solutions. Over all, I find the entire thing frustrating all things considered.