jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

When you see a homeless guy on the side of the road what is the first thing that

1. Nspeel profile image76
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

When you see a homeless guy on the side of the road what is the first thing that comes to mind?

I hate to say it but I see someone that has given up hope, normally an alcoholic or drug addict. It is easy to get into and a free housing unit if you are willing to maintain a job they give you.

2. thejeffriestube profile image75
    thejeffriestubeposted 6 years ago

I wonder how they got to that position. Makes me think more about my own choices.

3. brooklyn00123 profile image60
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

I think what he must have been through to get there and i feel terrible for the hell he was handed. You can argue that it's his fault that it happened and that he had every opportunity but jus didn't take any which probably is true for some but understand that we are not all dealt the same cards so be thankful for what you have.. and try to help if you have the means to.

4. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

some people are in genuine trouble. its true that you never know who is right and who is wrong but I feel bad for each and everyone of them. Maybe they just didn't get the chances in life we were given.

5. profile image0
    eveowlposted 6 years ago

There are a mixture of people on the street; broken homes, drug/alcohol, domestic violence, sexual abuse & mental health issues abound. Some as you say have given up, for others the street is their 'home' where they feel they belong.

6. Rosemay50 profile image77
    Rosemay50posted 6 years ago

Read my poem 'Who Was He Then - Who Is He Now' and you see exactly what comes into my mind

working