What's the worst thing a guy could do on a date to make you take a cab home?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 11 years ago

What's the worst thing a guy could do on a date to make you take a cab home?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7371125_f260.jpg

2. abbykorinnelee profile image52
    abbykorinneleeposted 11 years ago

1.  Talking demeaning to me or vulgar about wanting sex or my body...flattery and compliments are one thing but grabbing my ass as I bend over to pick up my purse is another.
    2.  Has no manners and is obnoxious in public
    3.  Racist and using inappropriate terminology like the N word
    4.  Says anything about mixed races being together as I have three bi-racial children
    5.  A bully
    6.  Treats waitress's or clerks or whoever like he is better than they are
    7.  Flaunts money
    8.  Talks non-stop about all his failed relationships or has abusive attributes

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good points!

2. abbykorinnelee profile image52
      abbykorinneleeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you...I don't walk away from people with different religion, diff culture, race, ethinic background, political views etc...I want a man that treats me right, with respect, is honest, is intelligent, is grounded, has a career and maybe college

3. profile image0
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

abbykorinnelee,
      I really like your list. Hopefully, no one guy will do all of these things, but any of them would have me running out the door. Thanks, Lisa

4. abbykorinnelee profile image52

Oh Lisa, I have the luck to have not only run into someone like this but many and I dated them and they were lying about who they were and ended up having all these traits and more...lol thats why I have been single for two years now

3. Anastasia Vaughan profile image65
    Anastasia Vaughanposted 11 years ago

Asking for sex, not wanting to spend any money, or speaking to me in an overly aggressive manner that made me feel like he could possibly become violent with me.

1. abbykorinnelee profile image52

I think its great that you are aware of abusive behavior warning signs.

2. Anastasia Vaughan profile image65
      Anastasia Vaughanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I have not dated some men because of their upfront actions.I believe people show you who they are long before the concealment disappears. Yeah, but this would be number 2 Racist and using inappropriate terminology like the N word.

3. abbykorinnelee profile image52

I went out with a guy for a couple months once, but when we were in Georgia (and mind you I may be white but my kids are bi-racial and my closest friend was black) He was saying it a lot.  I grew up in Los Angeles cali and its NOT OKAY w/me so bye by

4. americababy profile image59
    americababyposted 11 years ago

As a guy I will answer this question about women. 

1.  She has a bunch of kids that she never mentions until the date.

2.  Has a victim mentality.

3.  Assumes that nothing is required of her just because she is a woman and acts like a guy wanting to have sex with her is vulgar.

4.  Does not realize that unless she is intelligent or funny that the only thing keeping him in his seat is whatever else she can offer.

5. Delusional does not face reality and adjust to it.  Expects things to be just as easy for her when she is 18 and dating than when she is 38 and dating with three kids.

6. Watches Chelsey Handler,Joy Behar etc.

7. Expects to be accepted for who they are even if obvious massive problems exist in their personality.

1. SweetiePie profile image82

Can I be honest, you do not sound like a picnic to date either.  I would hope that any future women you date you can figure out if the two of you have enough in common politically before going to out to dinner.  I do not think anyone loves abortion.

2. SweetiePie profile image82

And sorry, I did not know what you mean by women having a "victim mentality".  Why does this sound like sour grapes?  Just saying..

I have to point out its actually flattering when you know a man is attracted to you and wants to have sex with you, but there are ways to go about it and there is a flattering way and a vulgar way...

4. Anastasia Vaughan profile image65

victim mentality in man yeah hate it.

5. abbykorinnelee profile image52

victim mentality for anyone I hate it...I could have chosen to live my life a victim god knows I would have earned the right but WHY?  Pity Parties?  Attention? lol I take Survivors in my life

6. Mazzy Bolero profile image68
      Mazzy Boleroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Re no. 4.  Most women would rather not be a piece of meat. If you only want sex, find a woman who only wants YOU for sex. Maybe this one wants a relationship, and the last thing she needs is a guy who thinks sex is all she's good for.

5. Bettyoverstreet10 profile image66
    Bettyoverstreet10posted 11 years ago

Ummm hard to choose the one thing.  I met a guy once upon a time who, blew his nose into his fingers/hand and then slung it back behind himself-needless to say, didnt' give him a chance to do that again.  However, that is so not something we would run into often.

When I was single, if the guy I was with started checking out the other ladies, or drink excessivly, I would take a cab home.

LMAO THAT SNOT situation I would have done it back to him and left!!!!

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh my - this made me a little sick. Did you stay for the rest of the date or just exit gracefully?

I think if it were me I would have made a scene about what his mother taught him as a child before I ran out the door and far away.

4. Anastasia Vaughan profile image65

People like that exist. wow That 1st guy was gross the 2nd is common to come by.

6. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 11 years ago

Maybe the problem is our culture puts to much emphasis on dating and being in a relationship.

I think in some ways you are right, but what about the fact they don't put any emphasis on actual dating, and jump into relationships instead of building a foundation of friendship, trust, honesty, loyalty first?

2. SweetiePie profile image82

I think this observation just appeals to what I have seen.  There are some people out there that do not get why some of us think dating is sort of boring and an exercise in futility.  I would rather have a friend and then something more with someone.

7. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 11 years ago

Treating you so casually and asking silly questions which a girl would never like to reply.

Touching  body without a girl's consent  or invitation.

Provocation as a result of ugly talks.

Making you feel that girls are easily dated.

Have  no sense to behave with a girl on her first date.

Arrogant and  has a suspicious mind.

I appreciate your answer...I think you stated it very clearly and its very insightful.

8. tussin profile image57
    tussinposted 11 years ago

Throwing up on his date, checking out other women too overtly, asking "are we gonna bone?" talking about other chicks he bagged, demonstrating his ability to eat 20 burritos, lighting his farts afire.....all the stuff I usually do.

Thank god no one has ever thrown up on me!  I don't mind if they casually check out other woman as long as they include me in it so I can say they have to much makeup on or something lol

9. Mazzy Bolero profile image68
    Mazzy Boleroposted 11 years ago

I never actually took a cab home from a date, but there are some things that made me not want a second date, such as: (from different dates -  not all the same guy:)

1. Five minutes into the date, talking about how we would have to find out if we were "sexually compatible."

2. Slagging off his ex-girlfriend. If he'll do it to her, he'll do it to you.

3. Telling me on the first date that he liked hairy women and could not tolerate any female who removed her underarm hair. (That one I actually thought was quite amusing)

4. Inviting me out for a meal at a time when he knew I was unemployed and had no cash, and while I ordered only one course, the cheapest thing on the menu, and drank tap water, he ordered for himself 3 courses, the most expensive on the menu, plus several alcoholic drinks, then demanded I pay 50% of the bill. 

5. Inviting me in for coffee to find that he had hundreds of music CDs on shelves in strict alphabetical order.  He told me to pick a CD to listen to, and every time I took one out to look at it and put it back, he would dive over to check that I had put it back in the correct alphabetical position. This became infuriating. I reminded him I did know the alphabet, but he still kept doing it.

6. Flying into an anti-semitic rant, suggesting that if Jewish people wanted to live in Britain they should have plastic surgery to change their noses.  He also had a go at black people, but it was Jews he really had it in for.  I told him he should maybe advertize in a neo-Nazi magazine to meet women.

7. Drinking too much. Guys are usually on their best behavior on a first date. Even taking into account nerves, if he guzzles beer like a man who's spent a week lost in the Sahara, he either can't stand you or he is a big boozer.

8. Saying, "I don't like intelligent women." That means either a) he thinks you're dumb or b) he doesn't like you.

9. Going on and on about his heartbreak when his ex, the love of his life, betrayed him. Dripping in self-pity and grief at the loss of this paragon, he just wants an audience. He's not really interested in you, and you'd never match up to his lost love.

10. Assuming you will find him physically irresistible, because he finds himself physically irresistible.

11. Showing misogyny and hostility towards women.  Of course, he doesn't mean you. But he does mean you.

12. Describing his dream woman as Katie Price (In the US, substitute Pamela Anderson).

1. profile image0
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mazzy Bolero,
      If  I was out on a date with any guy who did any of these things I would run home and forget waiting for the cab. I love your answer. The truth is some guys actually do these things and expect us to stick around.  Lisa

2. austinhealy profile image74
      austinhealyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm a guy and I shouldn't be commenting here but I just wanted to say #4 is a real charmer...

3. Mazzy Bolero profile image68
      Mazzy Boleroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He sure was a charmer - during the meal he explained to me he had finished with his ex-girlfriend because she was a very selfish person smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)