jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What can be done to bring about unity in the American political scene?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

What can be done to bring about unity in the American political scene?

Unity for the USA.

2. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

I have questions in response & a couplet.

Why would we want unity? 

If everyone moves in unison, who will stop us when we are wrong?

Have we ever been unified?

Has lockstep thought ever brought about anything good?

I know not the answers
    I just follow the dancers.

3. dashingscorpio profile image85
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

In all honesty the nation does not want unity in American politics!
    The system is designed to have one party in power and an opposition party to offer "alternative" solutions. In the past a war or recession/depression united the parties to do what was in the (best interest of the nation) but those days are gone. Awhile back I wrote a hub that offers more of my thoughts on the subject.
    "Political Gridlock! It's the American Way!

http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … whatwewant

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Tea Partiers, Wall Street protesters, and education protesters all need to realize they are angry at the same people and the same things. The protesters must all unite. The Democratic and Republican Parties are idealogically united, by the way. They disagree on some very minor points, but they put on theatre to make us think they are always in disagreement. They are like two factions of the same party fighting over who gets to steer the ship of state.

5. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

I don't want unity in Washington. I want a divided congress and a white house unable to issue edicts to do what it can't get through that gridlocked legislature. If we can't roll back this unconstitutional national state we have so foolishly allowed to grow to monstrous size, then let's immobilize it and hope for an opportunity to put it on a diet.

working