jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the Anti-Federal Reserve movement astroturfed?

1. VoltaireZ profile image60
    VoltaireZposted 6 years ago

Is the Anti-Federal Reserve movement astroturfed?

I'm part of the emerging Occupy movement, and I see a lot of End the Fed signs, which I'm suspicious of. No doubt the Fed has some problems, but it's hardly to blame for the runaway greed and corruption in Wall Street and the government. I think there are more appropriate targets to focus on, than the Fed right now. I could be wrong, but these seems like astroturfing to me? Any know?

2. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

The Fed is the "handshake" between the federal government and business (thus creating fascism). It's essentially a private stand-alone enterprise that can be used to circumvent obligations both the government and corporations have to the people. It's also a vehicle that uses inflation by printing money to the federal government and its failed business friends. Essentially, it's a stealth tax on state governments, middle class, working class, and other businesses not connected to the Fed.

Although, it's naive to think that simply destroying the Fed will stop the whole madness. The lobbyists are still there, so the merger between government and corporate power is still available to be used directly, but at the very least it stings a little less without the rampant inflation. Plus, there's nothing to stop them from building another Fed like semi-private enterprise later.

You're right that in the end everyone involved in the whole scheme must be stopped and held accountable/punishable. Honestly, there are so many corrupt government/businesses that shutting them down and rebuilding may take an entire generation. Wall Street is but a small part of this whole elaborate scheme. If you want to look at the biggest player on the corporate end, it isn't Wall Street, try Goldman Sachs.

Yes, it’s complicated; I’ve been studying the subject matter as an autocrat for years. There’s a reason why those who protest have little idea why they are there, yet sense something is wrong. Nobody is truly right/wrong in "picking the target." Bickering over the target is actually the last layer of defense the fascists have; don't let them prevail, when you're so close. . .

3. junko profile image79
    junkoposted 6 years ago

Anti- Federal means Anti-Obama all the false alarms will be turned off if the Republicans get their Presidency back.

4. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQow0Fhu … embedded#!

OccupyWallStreet protester with a spot-on & passionate speech re Ending the Federal Reserve, Minimizing the Federal Government, Ending the Fractional Reserve Banking System, Ending the Monetary Fiasco that is the government-controlled FIAT money system & Ending the Wars that were engineered to make the richest 1% even richer. We also need to have an independent audit and inventory of all the gold reserves in the USA. We need to hold the Bankers and Elite responsible for their crimes against humanity... End the Fed, End the Wars & End the Corruption!!