jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Would you vote for a woman for president?

1. TheTruthasIseeit profile image60
    TheTruthasIseeitposted 6 years ago

Would you vote for a woman for president?

Women outnumber men and are increasingly involved in pursuits outside of their families. However, there was a time when a women couldn't vote for president, much less even consider ever running for office! I wonder what people think about a woman running the country...would you go for it?

2. satice_j profile image77
    satice_jposted 6 years ago

Can I say hell yeah!? I was actually thinking of running myself!

3. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago

Yes, I would vote for a woman for president.  Margaret Thatcher was a magnificent head of state.  I were prefer a woman who is older than one who has young children.  Family is very important. A mother of young children would have times when it may not be prudent to attend to their needs if the state of the country was in peril.  As a mother, it would kill me to have to leave a sick kid or one in emotional distress to attend to a job.  This would happen repeatedly to a president.  Come to think of it, I wouldn't be the best of situation for any kid whether it's their mother or father who is the president.

4. SD Dickens profile image85
    SD Dickensposted 6 years ago

Absolutely!  As long as she was qualified and would do a good job I would vote for a woman.  I won't just vote for a woman because she's a woman though.

5. moiragallaga profile image82
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

My country has had 2 women presidents. Their record is mixed, depending on who you talk to but you could say the same for men. If you look at it, given how messed up the world has been in the past and the present, it's hard to say that men have been doing a good job.

Going to the question, I would say yes. I would vote for a woman president. In my opinion, they are just as capable as men to serve as heads of governments.

At the moment, two of the major economies in South America, Brazil and Argentina, currently have women presidents. The former president of Chile, the one preceding the current president, is a woman. Islamic countries such as Turkey, Pakistan and Indonesia have had women leaders.

In fact, a number of countries from both developed and developing economies have had women heads of State/Government.

6. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

Yes for Hillary Clinton and only Hillary, who should be President now..

7. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 6 years ago

Yes - in 4 more years.  And I hope it would be Secretary Clinton. smile

8. kripkrip420 profile image60
    kripkrip420posted 6 years ago

Although there are studies to suggest that women don't fair better in powerful positions in comparison to men (nothing to do with intelligence, just the fact that men find it uncomfortable to be commanded by a women and can therefore rebel), I don't see any reason why a women should not be president. Women have a lot of skills that men do not and more importantly, they are far better composed. If I was an American citizen, I would vote for a women, so long as she was in favor of some of my beliefs. If she was not, then I would choose another. No gender discrimination would be involved in my decision making.

9. jg555 profile image60
    jg555posted 6 years ago

It would depend on if she were better than other candidates, but if she were, then yes I would. It would be different having a woman as president, but it would be fine with me.

working