If You Are A Woman, Will You Vote for Donald Trump After the 1st Debate and Foll

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. My Esoteric profile image81
    My Esotericposted 7 years ago

If You Are A Woman, Will You Vote for Donald Trump After the 1st Debate and Follow-up Comments?

Hillary Clinton finished off the 1st debate skewering Donald Trump for his alleged misogyny.  How did that affect your vote?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13198123_f260.jpg

2. aasl profile image54
    aaslposted 7 years ago

I just don't see how she can claim to be a champion of women's rights when she's accepting millions of dollars of questionable donations from nations that have oppressive anti-woman laws. Not to mention, it was Clintons party that suppressed woman's suffrage. And it was Bill Clinton who committed sexual assault and rape (allegedly of course) Hillary said "Every woman should be believed". So why not Gennifer Flowers or Monica Lewinsky?

He had a lot of missed opportunities to talk about her plethora of scandals including which will likely dog her for the rest of her life. But he painted her to be the rich typical elitist politician that everyone hates. According to MANY snap polls (which aren't scientific btw) have him winning even on leftist websites.

The standard which media pundits and other politicians is very different from what normal Americans judge by. They're out of touch and those polls are an example of that.

My Esotericposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"it was Clintons party that suppressed woman's suffrage" - true enough IF your stick with the name Democratic and not "Clinton's".  The people of that era would be in the GOP today because that is the Party that would oppose woman's suffrage .

2. aasl profile image54
      aaslposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My Esoteric: The Democratic Party to this day has attachments to their roots older times. Especially the racist policies that have kept inner city blacks down for decades giving them just enough for their vote. There was no party switch.

3. My Esoteric profile image81

Aasl, that is simply not true.  The last vestiges of Southern Conservative Democrats were either voted out of office by like minded GOP or joined the GOP a decade ago.

4. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

According to the U.S. History books, the parties have flipped-flopped their stances since the early 19th Century, or else all the books and history teachers are wrong.

5. My Esoteric profile image81

It may have been Clinton's Party, but it was the controlling Conservative element of it, which in those days means most of it.  The liberals in those days were still the Republicans, although things were changing.

3. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

I was already planning on voting for Trump because I don't trust Clinton (500 million in bribes via Clinton Foundation in exchange for State Department approvals, paid by companies and foreign governments). There is the real chance she'd become a billionaire through bribery if President, and that is unacceptable.
    I also wouldn't vote for her even if I trusted her because she's essentially Obama's third term, continuing policies that have kept us in the Great Recession for a decade, continually saying "5% unemployment!" while one in six men of working age is out of work, 40% unemployment if you include under employment and people who shifted to long term disability after two years out of work. Her policies are bad for the country. That's another reason.

"500 million in bribes via Clinton Foundation " - credible source please.  A court case maybe?

"Obama's third term" - that is a good thing IMO

"kept us in the Great Recession for a decade" - 6 years of steady growth does not make a recession.

2. profile image52
      RealAndTrueposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Totally. The Clinton's have quite a sordid history. Research legit pieces on YouTube if you dare to venture outside "groupthink" Google and pop media while you still can. Who is Chelsea's real father? Always knew she's wasn't totally theirs.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

Anybody could look at Chelsea's nose and her curly hair and tell she was definitely Bill's daughter. But now that she's obviously had some work done and straightens her hair, it isn't as easy to tell now.

4. norlawrence profile image72
    norlawrenceposted 7 years ago

I am not a great fan of Donald Trump but right now I think he would be the lesser of to evils.  He needs to control what he says.  I believe Hillary has done more damage to this country than he does.  He does not think much of women but that does not mean he would do a bad job running the country.  I do not believe Hillary is for women's rights.  The only reason Hillary is ahead now is because he has been in politics for a long time and has learned to lie better than Trump and she knows when to keep her mouth shut.  Also she is going to raise taxes on big companies so where does she plan to find all these jobs she is going to create because more companies will leave the U.S.  Another Hillary lie.

Do you think Trump CAN control what he says once he gets needled when he is in the White House?  A debate is child's play compared to what he is going to face as President where, like he can as a very rich businessman, forces he can't control kick in

2. profile image52
      RealAndTrueposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well put. Hillary is for Hillary.  Always has been.

3. My Esoteric profile image81

And Trump isn't 100 times over?  Where is your sense of proportion.  Where Clinton is a jay walker, Trump is a major felon.

5. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

You are obviously aiming this question an current female Trump supporters, but I'll give you a smug, "Hell no," anyway. Hillary did skewer him. But I don't think that changed his supporters minds at all, even the women. The females who support him are the same class as the ones who, back in Sunday School, tried to tell me that I was a second class citizen and should find a husband and obey him. Thank goodness, I had a father who didn't subscribe to that notion and taught me otherwise. If he were alive today, he would be voting for Hillary, and so would my mom.

Yes, MizB, but not just female Trump supporters.  But, I am thinking of the Johnson and Stein female supporters as well.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

Sorry, I forget about them. They could be the swing vote.

6. Shyron E Shenko profile image70
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years ago

I would not have voted for the Don before the debate, after the debate.  I heard about the awful things he did before he announced and would never vote for him.
    I was researching politics more than 30 years ago and the smear campaign against Hillary I knew about at that time. 
    "I'M WITH HER!"

7. Alternative Prime profile image57
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

I'm friends with many WOMEN of ALL Shapes, Sizes & Ethnic BACKGROUNDs from ALL over this GREAT Country which "Delusional Donald" Nonsensically "BASHES" every Chance his "SICK Little ANTI-American Mind gets & NOT ONLY are they "Enthusiastically Excited" to VOTE for Hillary, one of the MOST QUALIFIED Americans to ever RUN, they are ENTUSIASTICALLY Excited to "REJECT" Trump for the Deranged, Vile, VULGER, SLEAZY, Racist, WOMAN Hating Corrupt individual that he TRULY is ~

GOOGLE this LOSERs HISTORY & Investigate ~ From TIEs & CLOSE Associations with COMMUNIST Criminals, to ENCOURAGING Communists to "HACK" the UNITED States, to NON-Stop MONUMENTAL LIEs, to VIOLATIONs of the LAW for which he's been FINED, to EMBARGO Violations, to DISCRIMINATION of WOMEN, African AMERICANs etc etc NOT to Mention his Erratic, Mentally Unstable "THOUGHTs & Behavior" which AUTOMATICALLY Disqualify him ~ If U VOTE for him after that, I'm not sure what to say ~

8. Rock Artist profile image61
    Rock Artistposted 7 years ago

In my own life, if I don't trust a woman then I wouldn't be her friend.  That's just the way I feel about it and that's how I feel about the candidate for the Democrats.  I do not trust a single thing that comes out of her mouth.   Therefore I would never vote for her.  She has taken tons of money from countries that disrespect women to the umpteenth degree, all for her own money loving greed.  Donald Trump is loved by his supporters because he is real.  Everything he has said in the past about women has been as a United States citizen, not a presidential candidate.  And it would seem that he was being attacked in those instances by the women that he said those things to, it's not like he walks around saying those things or that he disrespects women in general.  His campaign manager is a smart, strong and capable  woman.  This whole 'disrespecting women' has been played up too much and it's negative, let's try to look at the more positive aspects of each candidate and see what is found.

I guess the how you feel abut trusting a women doesn't apply to men given you are making excuses for Trump, a true misogynist. 

I can see many positive things about HRC and very few abt Trump.  What positives he has is overwhelmed by his negative

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

What positive aspects about Trump? He surrounds himself with blond arm candy, including his campaign manager, while he berates women. Is sex going to sell to the international community while they run over us or will he try to blow them away?

9. WhispersInMyHead profile image60
    WhispersInMyHeadposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13274387_f260.jpg

Hell No!
    But, then Hillary also had some cases under her , we can't forget her corrupt practices and  suppressing the cause for women empowerment , through not supporting the feminine figures , who were abused by her own husband. She herself , was just wearing a cover to depict women empowerment, which in reality was not the scenario.
    The major problem was that Trump was dangerous for society , for the  minorities in terms of gender, class, nationality or color. But, Hillary was no better.
    It would have been resolved , if the contestant opposite to Trump was a better example.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)