What is that one thing that you would like to change about the world??

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. learner365 profile image76
    learner365posted 6 years ago

What is that one thing that you would like to change about the world??

2. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

One thing...o there are so many, narrowing it is difficult. I think it would be man's (woman's+ insensitivity to man (woman). I would just like for us to care more about each other...about the 'family of human beings' on the planet. And not just those who are far away but those on our own streets, our neighbors.

3. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Fanatism and religious fanatism at that- It is the root cause of terrorism. It is the extremism in religion which gives rise to  non acceptance of other beliefs. Such extremism in religion breeds non tolerance to other religions and is demonic in character leading to not only self destruction but destruction to society at large.

4. ithabise profile image83
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

As it has been stated, there are so many things that could be changed. But there are two that I want to see change: politics, its dishonesty and corruption (very difficult) and a world system entirely based on money (impossible). There should be little to no poverty in our world today. At least all nations could be helping each other where the ravages of climate and food shortages occur. We're all in it for ourselves these days. These two discourage me greatly.

5. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

I would end hatred, there would be no form of hatred whatsoever so that way millions of problems would be solved. People wouldn't know what is hate and there wouldn't be a way for them to learn it.

6. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5833807_f260.jpg

kindness.  judgement.  People not assuming opinions of another stranger or a statement from someone they know that judges them in a negative way.  I wish no one had to be right.  That everyone accepted things as they were.  No judgement and not having to be right would certainly lift enough world problems to give it a fighting chance.  Seemingly as there isn't one now.

Thank You great question

7. shwetha123 profile image69
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

Corruption is the only one thing which I wish i will change. if there is no corruption every one able to earn bread and butter for their family and then only there will be world peace. People will live in peace.

Its all about my own thinking.

8. Amy Becherer profile image70
    Amy Bechererposted 6 years ago

I hope that the economic crisis teaches a valuable lesson in humility and compassion.  Those, like myself, that have never experienced joblessness and poverty are learning a lesson in the reality of desperate circumstances and the fact that events beyond our control can change life on a dime,with no one guaranteed exemption. Life holds no promises. When the adage "there but for the grace of God, go I" becomes more than a phrase and the new poor feel real understanding and compassion for those that have lived and died in poverty. When this experience ignites a resolve to extend a hand whenever possible, we will have learned a valuable lesson in caring for our brothers and sisters. .

I hope, for those spared from poverty, to be thankful and refrain from harsh judgement.  I would hope that appreciation for their better circumstances would generate a spirit of generosity that extends a hand to the unfortunate. 

Sadly, I do not see this taking place.  The wealthy continue to negatively judge the poor with harsh criticisms and the stinginess of greed rules, rather than compassion.  Our government continues to attempt to decrease its debt, caused by overindulgence, at the expense of the poor, with talks of cutting the payroll tax break for those still working and unemployment for those that are not. Asking the wealthy to pay their appropriate taxes will not be considered by the greedy nor our government.

As a result, America is experiencing derisive attitudes and actions between the have and have nots.  This only further separates the classes and as hatred grows, hope for better dies.  .

9. Jay S profile image61
    Jay Sposted 6 years ago

I would like to see an end to judging people by the color of their skin, their religious beliefs, their sex and sexual preference, and finally their social stature. Let's put an end to prejudice, bigotry, and greed.

10. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

One thing?  Man, that's a really hard one (there's so much!)  I guess one thing I'd like to change is humanity's view of life and death.  So often animals are not seen as sentient souls, for example, and people feel they die when their body dies.  All lies.  Knowing these things would change the world for the better I think.  But there's so much more:  learning to live in peace, learning love and understanding.  Getting rid of so much stupid BS.

11. Born2care2001 profile image81
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

Yes, there are so many elements of life worthy of consideration. The most prominent for me would be to encourage all humans to look within, for love, acceptance and peace, "to be the change we want to see" as Gandhi said and to search our own hearts for the seeds of change rather than looking to influence the change in others.

12. jeanniedoe profile image55
    jeanniedoeposted 6 years ago

Peace and security in the world are the things that I would like to change. If people have peace then everything be peaceful; no more war and killings. Unity and harmonious friendship among countries will be observed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)