jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Did Bin Laden exist?

1. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

Did Bin Laden exist?

And if so, where's the proof that he is no longer alive?

2. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

That is a great question and good enough to open a forum.  People say he existed, and that now he is gone.  According to the news, the US soldiers killed him in Pakistan.

3. Senoritaa profile image68
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

If he didn't exist, whose body was that?

4. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

We know he existed at one point because in the 1980s he was a CIA asset under a different alias. He was one of the U.S.'s contacts that they used to organize the Taliban against the Soviet Invasion. As for his death, most sources, including some American news stations, reported that he died in December of 2001. A senior citizen on a dialysis machine does not survive for 10 years on the run. Various foreign media agencies reported his death in 2001 and interviewed some of his followers. America kept his spectre alive in order to jsutify the war.

5. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

That is SUCH a loaded question, because if he didn't we sure have been given a line to hold by our government haven't we? And for so many years too.

I do believe that he existed but couldn't tell you exactly when he died as there have been so many theories. Justification for a war...not sure what is true.

Let's see, it's supposed to be Government by the people, for the people...whatever happened to that?

6. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

He did and he didn't. He DID NOT exist in the way that we are supposed to believe that he did, as a terrorist who simply wanted to harm others. He DID exist in the sense that he was/is a man that our government used as a scape goat to go forward with an illegal war.

Bin Laden my not have even been his real name, and since they supposedly buried him at sea, we'll never know if they even truly killed a man. For all we know, they only killed off the symbol they created.

7. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 6 years ago

Yes he did. And so did his family which had close business connections with the Bush family: yes THAT Bush family.

Two facts.

On 9/11 - after all flights across the US were grounded - one flight took off: the flight taking the Bin Laden family out of the US.

The Taliban offered to hand Osama Bin Laden over shortly after the bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen. This happened in the late nineties.

Look it up.

8. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

Bizgengirl, jonesy0311 and athena 2011: voted up :-)

9. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

He existed and now he's expired. I don't think the majority of the world will ever get the proof that he is dead, we will have to rely on the information given to us by the government. I choose to believe them when they say he is dead.

working