Do you think that bigamy is violence to human's right?

1. profile image25
    Bigamyposted 6 years ago

Do you think that bigamy is violence to human's right?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5889288_f260.jpg

2. Cassie Smith profile image71
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

Well being a Christian, yes, but these are never really black and white answers.  I know that muslims practice polygamy but they also don't treat women and non-muslims well under their Sharia law, so the answer might be different for them.  The Mormons  use to practice polygamy and some may still do but that's not allowed here in the US I think.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I think marriage existed for 1,100 years because women were not allowed to own property. Marriage is not and never has been anythng more than a legal arrangement involving contracts and property. The concept of marriage is outdated in the 21st Century, but people fool themselves into thinking marriage is about love--love needs a contract from the state apparently. I believe marriage really still exists today because society has not figured out a better way to raise children. Men are programmed by nature to have multiple mates, but men are almost incapable of meeting a woman's emotional needs. It's a wonder that the two sexes ever got along.

working