jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Does Islam treat women well?

1. Cassie Smith profile image71
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

Does Islam treat women well?

I recently saw a video where members of the Egyptian army where attacking, literally stomping on women and beating them with sticks for protesting.  Islamists have won the elections in the government.  And yet muslims think that women are treated better under Sharia.  I don't think so.

2. Freya Cesare profile image70
    Freya Cesareposted 6 years ago

Hello there. What you see is a case. you can't judge entire Muslim community with this kind of example.

1. They are army: they get used to violence and maybe allowed to used it. That's soldiers issue not Muslim issue.

2. I don't believe it is God inside their head when they hurt other, mostly women

3. Bad person is everywhere. Just because one is Muslim it is no guarantee he absolutely will following the whole words of God. for so many people religion is only accessory.

4.  History said clearly crime and violence are existed in every community in this world.

If you want to honestly open your eyes and look around you will see.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i doubt all islamic people treat women poorly but in many cases they do treat women unjustly. you can be stoned if your a woman for having an affair but the guy gets away with it. honor killings are also more common then they want to admit. everything about the religion is confusing but some of the followers are doing their best to leave behind the old ways.

1. zainabzarrar profile image61
      zainabzarrarposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No, in Islam both women AND men get LASHED

4. catchpennyfashion profile image57
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

In some places women are still sentenced to death by rock throwing- so they are killed publicly by men throwing rocks at them until they die. These unhuman practices should be stopped.
    But besides practices such as these, which go against humanity, no one can judge what is right. Is it right that women have to cover their hair? It's part of their culture and religion and most even like it. They even continue to cover their hair even if they move abroad. Some people might say this is unjust, but it's not, it's just different.

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

No, they are not. They are treated very poorly. They are mutilated as children, beaten as adults and have to cover their entire bodies except their eyes while men do not. They cannot drive. Women are very mistreated in this culture and I feel very sorry for them.

1. zainabzarrar profile image61
      zainabzarrarposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Iam a Muslim and I love what I do and most importantly I do not feel oppressed or mistreated in any kind of way

6. zainabzarrar profile image61
    zainabzarrarposted 4 years ago

To say Islamic terrorists represent the Islamic religion is like saying, ku klux klan represent the christian religion.